Start a new thread for Takeda.
Takeda to Acquire ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
* Highly strategic deal which transforms global oncology portfolio and pipeline by expanding into solid tumors and reinforcing existing strength in hematology
* Accretive to Takeda’s Underlying Core Earnings by FY2018 and generates immediate and long-term revenue growth
* Attractive value drivers include two very innovative precision medicines, Iclusig
(ponatinib) and brigatinib, an exciting early stage pipeline and cost synergies
* Takeda will leverage ARIAD’s research and development capabilities and platform
* Takeda retains financial flexibility with no impact on dividend policy
More details in http://infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/E-PressR...eID=435316
- Iclusig is a globally commercialized product with continued strong sales growth potential
- Brigatinib approval in the U.S. is expected in the first half of 2017, with peak sales potential over $1 billion and the potential to be the best-in-class ALK inhibitor