Top 5 Favourite Undervalued Companies SGX/SEHK

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Given that the SGX is now trading sideways and I am getting a bit bored with analysing through all the SGX companies for value, I hope this idea / thread will make things a bit more exciting on this board. Also it will be interesting to see other fellow value buddy's current top 5.

My Current Top 5 for 2014 in no particular order (short reason added since other buddies have posted.)
====================================
Isetan - RNAV is a good backup, net cash++ (watchlist), flagship store back in full business
PNE Industry - Large discount to NAV, net cash++ (watchlist)
PEC - discount to NAV, net cash++, (watchlist)
AEH - discount to NAV, net cash++ -invested-
Spindex - discount to NAV, net cash ++ - QE1,2,3 making USA business good. -invested-

You can provide your top 5 or top 10 or top any number Cool
I hope we can all do this once a month or maybe quarterly, should be fun and maybe some surprise counters which may be entertaining??

Ok not sure if this is the right section to put this thread so admin please feel free to move as needed.
Virtual currencies are worth virtually nothing.
http://thebluefund.blogspot.com
(17-02-2014, 11:10 PM)BlueKelah Wrote: Given that the SGX is now trading sideways and I am getting a bit bored with analysing through all the SGX companies for value, I hope this idea / thread will make things a bit more exciting on this board. Also it will be interesting to see other fellow value buddy's current top 5.

My Current Top 5 for 2014 in no particular order
Isetan, PNE Industry, PEC, AEH, Spindex.

I hope we can all do this once a month or maybe quarterly, should be fun and maybe some surprise counters which may be entertaining??

Ok not sure if this is the right section to put this thread so admin please feel free to move as needed.

Mate , very good suggestion.
My top two would be KingWan and Hupsteel. That said, there are other undervalued counters like New Toyo, Guocoleisure, Lion Asiapac but I feel each lacks a catalyst for the fair value to be realised.
ValueEdge - Opportunities Within Asia
http://www.value-edge.com
Perhaps it would be even better if you explain why it is your favourite top holdings so we could all learn from your thought process?
www.stockflock.co
Helping you invest better
I would just like this thread to have short post so we can have a collection of Top 5 for each member interested to contribute. You can see how we assess the value by reading the individual forum thread on each company.

Does not have to be vested to be in the top 5, can be those that are on radar at the moment also. Obviously they have to be still undervalued in some way to be on your list.
(17-02-2014, 11:10 PM)BlueKelah Wrote: Given that the SGX is now trading sideways and I am getting a bit bored with analysing through all the SGX companies for value, I hope this idea / thread will make things a bit more exciting on this board. Also it will be interesting to see other fellow value buddy's current top 5.

My Current Top 5 for 2014 in no particular order
Isetan, PNE Industry, PEC, AEH, Spindex.

Hi BlueKelah,

Is it possible if you could share why are these your favourite?

I did a quick look at PNE and PEC, and found that their revenues dropped Year on Year.

Spindex was better. Revenue and profits were up but EPS dropped slightly.
www.joetojones.com - Helping the average Joe find the winning companies to invest in.
Only on SGX?Wink
Natnavi - if you can share your top 5 I will tell you why i pick my top 5 Big Grin

WildDreamz - feel free to start one on the other markets see the response. as it is seems, people are more interested on how i pick my Top 5 and not share their top 5 hahaha...
Here're mine...

LTC, VICOM, Breadtalk, HupSteel, UMS
At the current prices, I think not many can be called "undervalued", but I do have a few favourite stocks on hand, one of them which I bought when it is still undervalued is UMS, thanks Boon for his analysis in the forum. Two others I owned which I think still undervalued are FCL and Beker Tech. Nothing much to say about FCL as it was already a hot topic in VB forum lately. For Baker Tech, I like it simply because of the high cash pile, high margin, good dividend at low payout, low PE and low debts. There is a concerns on the decreasing earnings due to recent disposal, but I view current distress price as a good entry opportunity.

It would be great if fellow members can share the name and their views on their respective favourite holdings.