North Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It seems that tensions are higher than usual in the Korean peninsula.

China has stopped accepting NK's coal exports, and more recently, flights were also suspended.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northk...7G11O?il=0

Not sure if there will be any negative market reaction if an armed conflict breaks out. US' last major conflict in Iraq back in 2003 didn't seem to have any impact. In fact, it was the start of a bull.
If there is Korean conflict, how long will it lasts???

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/plu...ith-trees/

http://grist.org/article/2011-07-18-nort...ng-trucks/
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
It's not how long it last, it's how much damage it can cause

Like LKY said, NK has only one card and they have used this card effectively

If US is to strike, it will have to be very accurate intelligence such that they destroyed NK nuclear capability just as Israel did to Iran.
Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give. –William A. Ward

Think Asset-Business-Structure (ABS)
Rainbow 
15.4.17 Extract from ST:
"The Trump administration has likely gamed that the 
Xi administration knows the implications and it is now 
upto Beijing to turn the available screws on
Pyongyang in order to have Washington divert
Vinson away.
The Trump administration has given Mr Xi and Mr Kim
a clock to work with in this game of chicken.
US Vice-President Mike Pence will be touring Seoul and
Tokyo for five days from the moment he arrives
this Easter Sunday - the same day Vinson is
expected to also arrive - before he leaves for Jakarta.

A week for many to be kept up at night."

USS Carl Vinson:

Heart Love Compassion
感恩 26 April 2019 Straco AGM ppt  https://valuebuddies.com/thread-2915-pos...#pid152450
(15-04-2017, 12:23 PM)chialc88 Wrote: 15.4.17 Extract from ST:
"The Trump administration has likely gamed that the 
Xi administration knows the implications and it is now 
upto Beijing to turn the available screws on
Pyongyang in order to have Washington divert
Vinson away.
The Trump administration has given Mr Xi and Mr Kim
a clock to work with in this game of chicken.
US Vice-President Mike Pence will be touring Seoul and
Tokyo for five days from the moment he arrives
this Easter Sunday - the same day Vinson is
expected to also arrive - before he leaves for Jakarta.

A week for many to be kept up at night."

USS Carl Vinson:

Heart Love Compassion
The bottom line is this, N. Korea is unlikely to back down on it's nuclear ambitions. If the US or anybody else hope to stop them, it will have to be before they achieve nuclear capability, and they are getting close. I shudder to think what they might be up to once they have arrived.. Sad
What is China going to do?

It will definitely affects them. (next door neighbour can't escape fire when your neighbour's house is on fire)

Now China seems more interested in Peace than War(aka rich man don't like war).
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
(15-04-2017, 01:35 PM)Temperament Wrote: What is China going to do?

It will definitely affects them. (next door neighbour can't escape fire when your neighbour's house is on fire)

China don't like to see her neighbour's house on fire, but the problem lies in that the neighbour's son like to play with fire... Rolleyes
(15-04-2017, 02:10 PM)MINX Wrote:
(15-04-2017, 01:35 PM)Temperament Wrote: What is China going to do?

China don't like to see her neighbour's house on fire, but the problem lies in that the neighbour's son like to play with fire... Rolleyes

When China was poor, he didn't mind his neighbour's son playing with small fire.

Now that the neighbour's upgraded to playing with bigger and very dangerous fire -till US feels threaten, it's a different ball game now for everybody.

But i wonder why bigger countries like Pakistan, India, etc.... can have NWs and U S doesn't feel threaten meh!?

Truism of Investments.
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
(15-04-2017, 04:46 PM)Temperament Wrote: When China was poor, he didn't mind his neighbour's son playing with small fire.

Now that the neighbour's upgraded to playing with bigger and very dangerous fire -till US feels threaten, it's a different ball game now for everybody.

But i wonder why bigger countries like Pakistan, India, etc.... can have NWs and U S doesn't feel threaten meh!?

Well. Russia felt threatened by US  when the US were able to situate their missiles in Europe/Turkey via NATO connections. US always decided to go to war with USSR when a russian-made missile was found in Cuba.
I guess the location might make a difference?
(15-04-2017, 05:17 PM)weijian Wrote:
(15-04-2017, 04:46 PM)Temperament Wrote: When China was poor, he didn't mind his neighbour's son playing with small fire.

Well. Russia felt threatened by US  when the US were able to situate their missiles in Europe/Turkey via NATO connections. US always decided to go to war with USSR when a russian-made missile was found in Cuba.
I guess the location might make a difference?
i agree with what you have said.

But then now with "ICBM" and what not, a NW Bomb can reach almost anywhere in the World.

Anyway, i think most Christians believe the "Third World War" will be started from the East.

Truism of Investments.