The economic miracle taking shape in my Fujian ancestral village

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The economic miracle taking shape in my Fujian ancestral village
It may be time to start hunting for Alibaba wannabes in places like this

by Goh Eng Yeow

Recently, I visited my Fujian ancestral village in China again - a quaint place with stone-walled houses and red-tiered rooftops now just a 40-minute drive from the coastal city of Xiamen.

It had been four years since I last visited, and the scale of the transformation that had taken place took my breath away.

As my taxi sped through the 10-lane expressway leading to the village, I was greeted with high-rise condos and giant malls that had sprouted since my last visit.

Even the ancient village itself had been spruced up. The county government spent 100 million yuan (S$20 million) refurbishing the old houses and turning the surroundings into a huge park, complete with pink cherry blossom trees and jogging trails.

The 200-year-old ancestral house where my father spent his childhood has been earmarked for conservation and turned into an exhibition hall for aspiring artists to display their paintings.

More details in http://www.straitstimes.com/business/the...al-village
Specuvestor: Asset - Business - Structure.
(19-03-2017, 01:32 PM)cyclone Wrote: The economic miracle taking shape in my Fujian ancestral village
It may be time to start hunting for Alibaba wannabes in places like this

by Goh Eng Yeow

Recently, I visited my Fujian ancestral village in China again - a quaint place with stone-walled houses and red-tiered rooftops now just a 40-minute drive from the coastal city of Xiamen.

It had been four years since I last visited, and the scale of the transformation that had taken place took my breath away.

As my taxi sped through the 10-lane expressway leading to the village, I was greeted with high-rise condos and giant malls that had sprouted since my last visit.

Even the ancient village itself had been spruced up. The county government spent 100 million yuan (S$20 million) refurbishing the old houses and turning the surroundings into a huge park, complete with pink cherry blossom trees and jogging trails.

The 200-year-old ancestral house where my father spent his childhood has been earmarked for conservation and turned into an exhibition hall for aspiring artists to display their paintings.

More details in http://www.straitstimes.com/business/the...al-village

Building is easy. Can make money or not?
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
All the good quality Fujianian have migrated to SEA. Just kidding.
no need to make money, china makes its money from the sky, Big Grin

good to see the major developments/upgrades for these 3-4-5-6 tiers cities which has fallen behind shanghai, beijing!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL!