Is there any good consumer product stock in SGX

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi,

I'm Malaysian and I'm new in SGX.

I have strong preference in consumer product stocks. For example, I do invest in Nestle (Malaysia) , Carlsberg (Malaysia), Coco-cola (US) , Mc-donald (US).

The only stock I had invested so far in SGX is UOB. It is banking stock.

I was wondering, is there any good consumer product stock in SGX, with strong branding?

So far, the one under my radar is Y92.SI (Thai Beverage Pub). But, when I discover it, its price had been sky rocket high since April.

Do you have any recommendation on which consumer product stock worth looking into?

Thank you very much.
sheng shiong counted? Big Grin
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
OSIM delisted.... maybe Creative ?

Just my Diary
corylogics.blogspot.com/

Well, there are two which I consider worth looking at.

1) QAF Ltd which owns Gardenia Bakeries and the several bakery franchises in Australia and the Philippines.
2) Auric Pacific which owns Sunshine bakeries and distributes many other branded foodstuffs.
(21-07-2016, 05:46 PM)brattzz Wrote: sheng shiong counted? Big Grin

Hem... I would rather avoid retail store industry, as most of them are having thin profit margin. They are compete against pricing instead of quality / branding.
(21-07-2016, 06:11 PM)corydorus Wrote: OSIM delisted.... maybe Creative ?

Not interested in loss making company Sad
(21-07-2016, 06:23 PM)Clement Wrote: Well, there are two which I consider worth looking at.

1) QAF Ltd which owns Gardenia Bakeries and the several bakery franchises in Australia and the Philippines.
2) Auric Pacific which owns Sunshine bakeries and distributes many other branded foodstuffs.

QAF Ltd the company name doesn't sound familiar to me. But the product they are producing familiar to me. Will look into it. Thanks.
F&N ? Bought ver by Thai bev recently.
On my watchlist... Super, Yeo Hiap Seng, Delfi, Del Monte, Sino Grandness.

Whether they're doing well is another matter. Also might be overvalued. Dairy Farm is a retailer, but arguably they own some good brands as well.
FNN is still around. F99.si.

There are others like QAF, Auric Pacific, Hanwell, ABR, and my fav old chang kee, breadtalk (ABR, OCK , bread talk since you considered MCD), food empire (if you are ok with biz in ukraine, russia). Do note that some of them have distribution biz, instead of owning the brands.

QAF - many malaysian friends insist that Gardenia is owned by Najib's wife privately hahahaha.

There's no Singapore equivalent of Reckitt Benkiser, Unilever, P&G, clorox. House brands = cheap.