ShareInvestor founder Dr. Michael Leong dies after battle with cancer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Dr. Michael Leong.
http://www.straitstimes.com/business/sha...ith-cancer
http://www.nextinsight.net/index.php/sto...ough-money
Dennis Ng, Curtis Montgomery and now Dr. Michael Leong - all related to my early exposure to financial world died young!
The only way to avoid making mistakes is not to do anything. And that … will be the ultimate mistake. - Goh Keng Swee
A pessimist complains about the wind; an optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - W. A. Ward
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself. - Jane Bryant Quinn
人生最大錯誤,用健康換取身外之物。 ^ 人生无常,珍惜当下。 ^ 放弃固执,适时变通。 ^ 前面是绝路,希望在转角。

R.I.P. Dr. Michael Leong. My deepest sympathies go out to the family.
Specuvestor: Asset - Business - Structure.
Thank you to Dr Michael Leong for bringing some friends in Shareinvestor

Rest In Peace. My condolences to his family.
RIP Dr Michael Leong.

It is rather ironic that the three of them that were active in Singapore investment community in 2000-10 had passed away at rather young age.
Two from heart attacks and one by colon cancer.
So, please enjoy every breath of your life everyday regardless of the up and down of the stock tickers.
RIP Dr Michael Leong.

Another great loss to the local investment community. Life as it is, is always filled with uncertainties. Agree that we should treasure every minute of our time on this planet earth and not think too much and plan too much.
(13-02-2016, 05:05 PM)yeokiwi Wrote: RIP Dr Michael Leong.

It is rather ironic that the three of them that were active in Singapore investment community in 2000-10 had passed away at rather young age.
So, please enjoy every breath of your life everyday regardless of the up and down of the stock tickers.

Quite sad to hear this too. With quite a few die at much young age, I begin to wonder whether is from the higher stress of financial investment

Just my Diary
corylogics.blogspot.com/

(14-02-2016, 12:48 PM)corydorus Wrote:
(13-02-2016, 05:05 PM)yeokiwi Wrote: RIP Dr Michael Leong.

Quite sad to hear this too. With quite a few die at much young age, I begin to wonder whether is from the higher stress of financial investment

Unlikely to be correlated, if any, it should be on the positive side eg: Kahn, Munger, Buffett, Soros.
With probably the pre-requisite that u enjoy the process and feel excited during downturn.

Having said that, unfortunate random stuffs happen all the times. Yeokiwi hit it on the nail with his messages.
My views are your Gilbert & Sullivan's:
"The flowers that bloom in the spring, have nothing to do with the case".
Rainbow 
RIP, Michael.

We work together in hunting for deals when Michael was just a Sales Engineer.

Open System (OSI), Unix, GUI, X-Window/Motif was the buzz words at that time.

Michael always wear a warm and smiley face. He spokes with a low and husky voice and he definitely looks handsome just like a medical doctor.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then, Michael founded ShareInvestor and I was in the previously 2 letters now 3 letters MNC.
When I walked along the 4th floor corridor to canteen, I was mindful that ShareInvestor.com was running just behind the walls.
Those was the roaring good time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And, then, I read Micheal's book "Your First Million", then his re-polished much much better 2nd edition. His way of handling his split persona aka value-investing vs speculating/trading in stocks make perfects sense to me. Tikam $$$ is not only fun but a practical way to cure the forever itchi fingers (waiting for the bear market).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After ShareInvestor was sold, he moved on to Pertama which I keenly followed (2nd after VB thou).
I take in all his advise (especially his latest adjustment to his stock selection criteria).
There are too many value investment around and we just need to choose the best.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As I reflected, I says that Michael had lived a colourful life.
He had done many things for many people beyond his family/friends.

Dearest reader of VB, Carpe diem!!!

Heart Love Compassion
感恩 26 April 2019 Straco AGM ppt  https://valuebuddies.com/thread-2915-pos...#pid152450
RIP Dr. Michael Leong

I don't know him in person, but I have used the shareinvestor.com. A good work indeed.

I wish good health for all VB buddies, and our guest readers.

Regards
Moderator and CF
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
There one obvious but overlooked correlation among them - they lived in Singapore.