Hacking your brains

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140629...-your-mind

Do you think this can never happen to you?

"My mother has eyes in the back of her head. She also taught me from an early age to be suspicious of strange men, especially when they give you presents. Which makes it all the more surprising that a “nice man” bearing flowers managed to swipe 20 euros from her purse, while she was holding it in her hands and looking straight at it.
“He said he was collecting for a church charity so I pulled out a euro,” she explains. “He said “no, no, that’s too much” and offered to look in my purse to find a smaller coin. He must have slid out the 20 euro note at the same time. I didn’t even notice until an hour later. I felt so stupid.”
But she needn’t feel bad. According to neuroscientists our brains come pretty much hard-wired to be tricked, thanks to the vagaries of our attention and perception systems. In fact, the key requirement for a successful pickpocket isn’t having nifty fingers, it’s having a working knowledge of the loopholes in our brains. Some are so good at it that researchers are working with them to get an insight into the way our minds work.
/////////////////////////////////////

I think anyone can fall as a victim to confidence tricksters/scammers no matter what is your IQ.
Don't ever say you aren't warn before?
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
Rainbow 
Thank you T for your kind warning.
"Our mind is hard-wired to be tricked."

Valuebuddies who had been in Italy, particularly Rome
will definitely experienced some close encounter with pickpocket
... unless you're not even aware.

[Image: italy%20pickpocket.jpg]

Some of the tricks are so entertaining that we paid dearly just to be part of it.
(S$25 one pop in our Sentosa)

Great trick/fun, isn't it?
[Image: trick%20eye%20posts.jpg]

Our Famous flea training video too Smile
"Escape the circus and live beyond the limits of imaginary lid."

This video had been used by many motivation speaker as an illustration that
we need to break away from our norm and think out the box.

Are these flea really trained not to jump over the lid?
Will their offspring inherit their limiting belief?

Don't know and don't care.
To me, what's important is to be aware that con-artists is always around.
People talks and share what they wanted to tell you.
Be mindful and appreciate what's you had benefited.

感恩 perasaan bersyukur   நன்றி

Heart Love Compassion
感恩 26 April 2019 Straco AGM ppt  https://valuebuddies.com/thread-2915-pos...#pid152450