Jurong Country Club acquired For High Speed Rail Terminus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few days after the announcement that Jurong will be the KL-SG High speed rail terminus.

Today news: The Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High Speed Rail terminus will be located at the current site of Jurong Country Club, announced the Singapore Land Authority.

More details: http://goo.gl/WCgdRi
ok this time huat liao! Big Grin

Jurong MEGA TRANSPORT HUB! Big Grin
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
i wonder how noisy will be fast speed train passing through that western area....
will it be underground or above ground...

with all the hot heaty weather & crowdiness, plus this train station, plus F1 nite racing, this is more becoming a spicy sweaty rojak place
The terminus will occupy about 20 per cent of the 67 hectare site while the rest will be reserved for the mixed development. Most of the High-Speed rail line will be underground.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/busi...38956.html
HSR from Singapore to Msia is long overdue.
I have traveled quite a fair bit on HSR taiwan, usually going between Taoyuan, Taipei and Taichung.
Travel time of 1 hour exactly(+/- a few seconds) Taichung to Taipei(about 165km) Always amazed by the accuracy of the arrival time despite having a number of stops along the way.
If HSR is underground, then it will be under AYE.

Genting, very chun in building its new hotel. Right in front of Jurong
Country Club. Hahaha.
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
(12-05-2015, 01:02 AM)Big Toe Wrote: HSR from Singapore to Msia is long overdue.
I have traveled quite a fair bit on HSR taiwan, usually going between Taoyuan, Taipei and Taichung.
Travel time of 1 hour exactly(+/- a few seconds) Taichung to Taipei(about 165km) Always amazed by the accuracy of the arrival time despite having a number of stops along the way.

Japanese rail and metro are equally amazing.
There is this app called Hyperdia that is used for countrywide planning of rail itinerary by passengers. The arrival and departure times are so accurate that it is possible to make a transit with less than 3 min between the arrival and departure trains if you are willing to run from platform to platform.
(12-05-2015, 08:38 AM)yeokiwi Wrote:
(12-05-2015, 01:02 AM)Big Toe Wrote: HSR from Singapore to Msia is long overdue.

There is this app called Hyperdia that is used for countrywide planning of rail itinerary by passengers. The arrival and departure times are so accurate that it is possible to make a transit with less than 3 min between the arrival and departure trains if you are willing to run from platform to platform.

Yes, the japanese trains schedules are spot on accurate!
Have used Hyperdia to plan for many journeys through Japan
Amazing site. Prices for sector, timings, transfers and options for different train types, departure times all
up to date.

If there is a benchmark, the Japanese is the one to beat on trains.
They try very hard with the buses too. Drivers all have stop watches mounted in train drivers' cabin and
on buses, sometimes very large analouge clocks!SmileSmile

I am not optimistic about KUL-SIN-KUL. Tongue
(12-05-2015, 09:09 AM)Porkbelly Wrote:
(12-05-2015, 08:38 AM)yeokiwi Wrote:

Yes, the japanese trains schedules are spot on accurate!
Have used Hyperdia to plan for many journeys through Japan
Amazing site. Prices for sector, timings, transfers and options for different train types, departure times all
up to date.

If there is a benchmark, the Japanese is the one to beat on trains.
They try very hard with the buses too. Drivers all have stop watches mounted in train drivers' cabin and
on buses, sometimes very large analouge clocks!SmileSmile

I am not optimistic about KUL-SIN-KUL. Tongue

I have the full confidence for SG-MY HSR to happen and on schedule, only if the PRCs build it. If SG and MY co-manage it, the average effectiveness is halved, at least. Hahaha.
Msian has proven to shoot themselves in the foot again and again. e.g. Iskandar boom and bust. The flip-flop of using JB checkpoint white visitors cards.
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
what is the theme for the attraction? shopping theme? Jurong east currently have so many shopping malls 1 big hospital 1 hotel but guess what for the HSR we have only 1 station msia side plan to have 3 stations how many malls hospital do you think are they going to stack at their own stations.

some more s$ over 2x $msia so think msians will come here to shop at jurong or likely is other way round our people will flock there to splurge.

The problem is not building all these things the problem they have to think how to use this to attract and sustain the tourist volumes long after the hype is gone maybe when it's new there's a lot of interest but over time without a good magnet attraction likely it will slowly die out.