'Mother-of-the-year' goes viral after Baltimore riots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Mother-of-the-year' goes viral after Baltimore riots
http://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/04...sting-son/
You can find more of my postings in http://investideas.net/forum/
I saw this yesterday and I thought: No more free speech or freedom of choice? Isn't this family violence as per their standard?

End of day, there is no such thing as complete freedom. It comes at a price. You can't play soccer as you want it. You have to sacrifice something for rules to work. Rules are made not to punish people, but so that 90% of the people can be happy. People and sometimes policy makers forget that.

Singapore demand orderliness so that women can walk the streets after midnight and we can chat about white and black or brown without being deemed racist. For a police state we hardly see police around. The fear is that Singaporeans take all these for granted without even bothering to glance across to our neighbours.

Reading the globe, I think we are actually more free than western societies claimed to be, even in terms of immigration. We do not differentiate between punjab or tamil, white or black... as long they can perform. Meritocracy (not elitism) should be a bedrock of our policy making.
Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give. –William A. Ward

Think Asset-Business-Structure (ABS)
(30-04-2015, 10:42 AM)specuvestor Wrote: I saw this yesterday and I thought: No more free speech or freedom of choice? Isn't this family violence as per their standard?

End of day, there is no such thing as complete freedom. It comes at a price. You can't play soccer as you want it. You have to sacrifice something for rules to work. Rules are made not to punish people, but so that 90% of the people can be happy.

Singapore demand orderliness so that women can walk the streets after midnight and we can chat about white and black or brown without being deemed racist. For a police state we hardly see police around. The fear is that Singaporeans take all these for granted without even bothering to glance across to our neighbours.

Reading the globe, I think we are actually more free than western societies claimed to be, even in terms of immigration. We do not differentiate between punjab or tamil, white or black... as long they can perform. Meritocracy (not elitism) should be a bedrock of our policy making.

I will associate the differences, base on one word, "trust". A trust has been building up for years, between stakeholders in Singapore, that make the difference.
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
(30-04-2015, 10:42 AM)specuvestor Wrote: We do not differentiate between punjab or tamil, white or black... as long they can perform. Meritocracy (not elitism) should be a bedrock of our policy making.

All the degree mill cases, granted lucrative jobs, PR, passports etc. quickly erodes that trust
In the western world, is about individual freedom. You can say bluntly is more selfish but it promotes creativity.
This get abused if the population is not mature or well educated. You will see senseless killing, riots by individuals as they do not have minimum guideline to support people who fall through the cracks in education, social wellness etc.

In the East like Singapore is about social wellness. Population has to conform to different level of guidelines for the community sake.
Population is moving up as a whole generally in education/maturity. Singapore is ahead of others asian countries therefore we see freedom in peace and safety on our street as is done at broader level of development. We will be there one day in freedom just not now and we will do even better than US with things are going.

Some countries like taiwan jump the gun. Their people do not know how to manage freedom. Easily abuse by the Rich and the Powerful for their own agenda. Even the TV is controlled by the Rich or political parties which easily influence the masses against the gov. You can still see mafia gathering openly recorded in TV with impunity. They will grow but at more unpredictable paces.

Just my Diary
corylogics.blogspot.com/

Strongly agree on Taiwan. It is democracy go awry post strongman. It is an obvious precedent for Singapore NOT to regress into

The key is still to strike a balance between individual freedom within a level playing field and social progress at a cost but benefit to most people. As in most things 中庸之道
Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give. –William A. Ward

Think Asset-Business-Structure (ABS)