These stocks have gained 1,000%+ during bull run

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saw this on CNBC and thought why not do our Sg version since this is the 6th year of the bull year so that we can reflect and learn good lessons. Hopefully some of us can hit the next one in the not too distant future!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102492679

I will start the ball rolling:

OSIM - 4780%
(23 Feb 2009 $0.05, 11 Mar $2.44 adjusted for share increase)

Note that STI Index - 123.3% (2 Mar 2009 1513pts)
ya! Big Grin OSIM my goddness! Big Grin
something i just cannot understand! Big Grin
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
Do you guys think that there is a much better chance of getting multi-baggers investing in USA stocks compared to SG stocks? I am pretty tired of all these minor movements in SG stocks. Those 3 baggers shares in SG sometimes will loss it all during the next recession or profit growth disappointment during the next 6-7 years. Hardly can find any SG stocks which shows profit growth for a good 10 years.

1) Raffles Medical
2) Sarin
3) Hour Glass
4) KepCorp (if u get it at $3.50 during last recession)

Its been about 7 years after the last recession. Did the above stocks' price grew 7 times? Compare this to USA stocks.

Maybe we should just focus on USA stocks when the next recession comes.
Osim had been beaten down so badly in the past to $0.05 as Mr Market looked at its acquisition with the need for cash injection negatively. It had since written off its US acquisition and rewarded its faithful shareholders with dividends and capital appreciation.

The key is to find good management who believes in their company with a good record and treats their shareholders well. Opportunities arises during the negative market like OSIM. It takes guts and foresight to invest in companies like OSIM when the share price is as low as $0.05. However, the reward is most satisfying.