Money & You

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“The only thing money gives you, is the freedom of not worrying about money.” Johnny Carson.

The best thing about having money is having good choices in life. An essential challenge if you are poor is having terrible choices. Having terrible choices feeds back in a self-reinforcing negative way. People who think that the best thing about wealth is that it allows you to have material things are, well, bonkers.
How far this faulty thinking can go is best illustrated by a story. A successful businessman parked his brand-new Porsche in front of his office so his colleagues could see it. As he stepped out of the new car, a truck passed too close and ripped off the door on the driver’s side. A bystander dialed 911 and within a few minutes a policeman arrived. Before the officer could ask any questions, the business man began screaming hysterically that his new Porsche was now completely totaled. It was only after a half hour of ranting that the officer was able to talk to the man. “I can’t believe how materialistic you are,” the police officer said. “You are so focused on your possessions that you don’t notice anything else.” The businessman was clearly offended: “How can you say such a thing?” The policeman replied: “Don’t you know that your left arm is missing from the elbow down? It must have been torn off by that truck.” “My God!” screamed the man. “My Rolex!”

NB:-
Do you think there is such a man with his Porsche & Rolex?
i think so.
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.