Pacific Radiance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pac Radiance Q3 buoyed by higher vessel gain
By
Nisha Ramchandaninishar@sph.com.sg@Nisha_BT
14 Nov5:50 AM
Singapore

OFFSHORE marine services firm Pacific Radiance's bottom line received a 24 per cent boost, as the firm posted a US$13.07 million net profit for the third quarter ended Sept 30 due to increased gains from sale of vessels.

This was despite a 9 per cent fall in revenue to US
http://infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/141114_P...eID=324944

Pacific Radiance secures contract worth over US$140m for vessel to be delivered in 2016/17
 Contract win affirms Group's strong network and understanding of client needs to build market relevant vessels
 Under the contract to a new client, the OSV - still under construction - will help to establish the Group's presence in a key emerging market

Interesting, the PR firm and the font of the media releases reminded me of Jaya during the hay days when Pang was part of the owner... PR firm Oaktree if I m not wrong is the same one used by Jaya...

Script appears to be the same...
Actually the script changed and I highlighted that to the son Smile In the past Jaya used to say if cannot sell then just lease.

Now they are saying they can guess the market demand and build inventory to sell. Similar to what Nam Cheong is saying. I've been baffled by Nam Cheong's model since day one except for the fact that they have a godfather client behind them. I'm not sure if Pac Radiance have one.
Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give. –William A. Ward

Think Asset-Business-Structure (ABS)
Quite similar apart from the leasing part... like your name sake... specuvestor???

If all sala then my namesake GG???

Wahaha
GG

(18-11-2014, 12:52 PM)specuvestor Wrote: Actually the script changed and I highlighted that to the son Smile In the past Jaya used to say if cannot sell then just lease.

Now they are saying they can guess the market demand and build inventory to sell. Similar to what Nam Cheong is saying. I've been baffled by Nam Cheong's model since day one except for the fact that they have a godfather client behind them. I'm not sure if Pac Radiance have one.
Jaya is more like specuvestor Smile

Nam Cheong and Pac Radiance is saying they are Oracle Big Grin
Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give. –William A. Ward

Think Asset-Business-Structure (ABS)
Pacific Radiance (PACRA SP: BUY) Price/Target: S$0.725/S$1.00 Analyst: Nancy Wei/Foo Zhi Wei (65-6590 6628)
4Q14 hit by poor DSV performance, as expected. Declares final DPS of 3 cts.

What's new?
* Results in line with our expectation. Pacific Radiance reported a net profit of US$69.4m (+22% yoy) for FY14, in line with our forecast of US$70m. Net profit for 4Q14 is US6.2m, down 63% YoY due to weak performance in the diving support vessel (DSV) division. We had earlier flagged this in our report dated 20 January. In 4Q14 DSV utilization was low for Pacific Radiance's 2 DSVs. Feedback from ship-brokers indicated the DSV market was hit by negative knee-jerk reaction of oil companies following the oil price collapse.

Our Take
* Maintain BUY and our target price. New DSV jobs were delayed. We expect a resumption of DSV tenders (shallow water) from 2Q15 onwards. Our target price of S$1.00 is based on 2016 PE of 7.0x. A final DPS has been declared. More details to follow after analyst briefing.
Offshore downturn unlikely to be prolonged: Pacific Radiance
http://www.seatrade-global.com/news/asia...iance.html
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102462423

Those betting on recovery of oil price can consider pacific radiance. Once oil price hits $70, share price will go towards $1
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102461140

Crude snapped a seven month losing streak on Friday, supported by an improving demand outlook and supply outages.

Front-month March New York ultra-low sulfur diesel futures surged more than 7 percent intraday as March ULSD and RBOB rallied ahead of Friday contract expirations.

U.S. April crude settled up $1.59, or 3.3 percent, at $49.76 a barrel. The contract posted a 3 percent gain for the month of February, it's first monthly gain since June.

The U.S. crude contract's gains have been hemmed in by rising crude oil inventories in the United States, up 8.4 million barrels last week, according to government data.

Brent April crude was up $3.90 at $62.40 a barrel, on pace to post a 16 percent monthly gain, the first monthly rise since June.

Hopefully oil price continues to stregthen, then Pacific Radiance share price will rise. My prediction when Brent crude price hits $70, Pacific Radiance will hit 90 cents. When oils hit $80, then Pacific Radiance will break $1.
http://research.dmg.com.sg:9898/UploadPD...150227.pdf

DMG report has a price target of $1.24..