Recommendation by Motley Fools

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi fellow buddies,

Anyone receive the mail on the "death of internet/internet of everything" by Motley Fools?
It is a very interesting idea and I do believe to a certain extent that we could very well see the revolution takes place in the next 5 years.
internet is not going to die. PC is going to die. they just made it very dramatic.
the whole essence of article send by Motley fool was that internet is going to transform into a very personal with wearable computing & Cloud computing takning a central stage. but all the devices will still be connected to the web ...SO Internet will survive.
People has been speculating Desktop PC will die 10 years ago. AiO still pretty strong.
PC may change in form and factor. I doubt they will be gone in next 10 years or more.

Just my Diary
corylogics.blogspot.com/

For people who spend most of their time at home or office, desktop still better choice , because keyboard is always more easy to type.
“risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.”
I don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.
nope, with due respect to the buddies here, the article is pretty dramatic in the title, but it doesn't really herald the end of the internet as we know it but rather than the internet in its current form will undertake a dramatic shift.

In the internet of everything "theory/assumption", the internet will be very much the centre of everything inanimate.
These inanimate objects will report back their status if their parameters are breached via wireless/GSM/LTE/whatever have you, through internet, to you.
Imagine, everything. From your house lock to your electrical appliances to your shoes, if you may.
The technology is mature now and hence the internet that we know it now, will undergo radical changes, as things that we use everyday will be hooked up to the internet, to provide services to us unimaginable previously. Internet 2.0, if you will.
It only takes the current product manufacturers to think boldly and imaginatively, what kind of information is worth transmitting to the end user instantly.(else information overload, end up turning them off)

Take a while to think about it.
Cars forget to lock, doors forget to lock, gas forget to off, aircon never off, so many possibilities. And these are so mundane and happening all around us. If these issues can be eliminated by these objects alerting us, these are game changers. We will never go back to items that do not have these features.
I am now writing a reply from Central India, an isolated factory in midst of farmlands or "cultivation land" the Indians called it. The temperature is 2-3 degrees and one cannot imagine the simple pleasures of life like having proper sanitation system (squat vs seat), heaters for shower (can imagine to shower in cold water at 2-3 degrees)? No heaters but warm blankets in the room and air con (for summer reaching temperature of 40+ degrees), bed as hard as those you slept in NS BMT. Phone reception here are so bad that do not have access to 3G but only EDGE or 2.5G network.

Here, we explore the statement of internet 2.0 as world changer. You mean developed world only?

P.S. not to mention about eating Curry every single meal..
Did they mention anything about Dtac as worthy challenger to Ais?
Great point MrEngineer. At least u get to eat there

They should wonder why Bill Gates want to change the world not by internet but through eradication of polio, disease and poverty; and improving agriculture and education
Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give. –William A. Ward

Think Asset-Business-Structure (ABS)
lol, enjoy your stay in India eating curry.
Yes, I believe it will be a world changer.
The world moves on, people move on.
Even the most backward country will be affected as people with new technology will go there, to explore, to study, to help etc....
Just the fact that you are able to send this message in the so called non developed part of India is proof.

Curry eating will not change much though.
Unless they invent synthetic curry lol.
(08-01-2014, 10:24 AM)kagemusha Wrote: lol, enjoy your stay in India eating curry.
Yes, I believe it will be a world changer.
The world moves on, people move on.
Even the most backward country will be affected as people with new technology will go there, to explore, to study, to help etc....
Just the fact that you are able to send this message in the so called non developed part of India is proof.

Curry eating will not change much though.
Unless they invent synthetic curry lol.

Can share the motley article here?