Attilan Group (formerly: Asiasons Capital)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why no one talk about this hot stock? Can anyone advised whether it can break $3.00 based on TA?
Value investors seldom focus on "hot" stock. Furthermore, TA is not used for valuation.

A glance at the stock, its PE is more than 90, PB is close to 50, so it is real "hot".

It is a private equity company. No dividend declared since 2008, after changed its name and core business from IT to alternative asset investment and management.

May be it is hot due to recent acquisition into oil and gas sector.
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
Black Elk that Asiasons is acquiring is loss making.
The company replied to SGX's query, with similar explanation.

"The trading activity may be attributable to the announcements and press release made by the Company, on 17 September 2013 and 18 September 2013, respectively, regarding the proposed acquisition of 27.5% of Black Elk Energy Offshore Operations LLC and the proposed placement of 212,587,880 new ordinary shares in the Company."

Reference : http://infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/ACL-2013...eID=256809
Google Black Elks Energy + law suits.. anyone knows what is going on?
how to see the value in this counter? any guide? thks
Recently, there are many SGX companies that are heading into the global resources industry in a big way.

Unfortunately, Singapore being a financial centre has little expertise and talents to understand the dynamics of this high risks industries.

IMHO, it is a classic case of bubble and also a typical case of "if they cannot convince you, they will confuse you".

If anyone has a structured way of understanding what the value proposition in these companies, I will appreciate the education process.

Blur GG
in BT Hock Lock Siew today.. commentary on Asiasons. Exactly what I have found on google.

Too many questions.

I think there is a building of bubble for Oil Exploration and Production stocks in Singapore because such stocks are new in Singapore. But in Canada, Aust exchanges, there are so many of these stocks they are no more in fashion. In fact some of them can crash 90-95% from their peak.

We had crazy internet stocks before that burst, s-chips that go belly up now we Oil E&P stocks as the next fad.

If you look at Discovery Metals Limited stock price chart, it was held up very well above $1.20 for 2 and a half years and then crashed to 9 ct in September. Then now Blumont announced to buy the stock at 12ct.

Too many possible questions.

But if you short these stocks you can also get squeezed. So, just stay out and watch the greed and fear show.
I reckon the speculators are aware the risk involved, but hoping that they are not the last group in the game.
One of the 3 famous stars for year 2013, seems no one bother to look at it. NAV 17c, 2012 profit 2.96c, current price 15c which is the lowest since 2010. Basing on these figures, it seems to be a good buy, even though I dislike stocks that never pay dividend. Tried to place order at SCB, rejected; tried again on CIMB, rejected. So now I understand why it dives so fast. But I just have a thought that it could recover back to (not 250c, but) at least 25c.

What do you guys think?