The Little Book of Emerging Markets by Mark Mobius

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have read the 1st round on Dr. Mark Mobius's book, titled "The little book of emerging markets"

I found the last chapter interesting, and would like to share with buddies

In his view, the few personal attributes that can make for good investment results. These include: [my comment in bold]

- discipline [well, no further comment]
- hard work [well, even guru still needs to work hard, we have no excuse not to ]
- humility [yes, always keep a freshie mindset]
- common sense [To end an analysis with a common sense test is always worth it]
- creativity [ well, don't limit yourself with ONLY growth stocks or dividend stocks, take a look on others, even distressed debt can earn you tons of money if done right ]
- independence [as we all know, do you own homework]
- flexibility [as Dr Mobius say, flexibility allows one to change as times change and as new opportunities present themselves ]

I will start the 2nd round... will update if any more interesting finding(s)...
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
The next to share the Dr. Mobius's view on important preparations and strategies of investor

"It is important to be a voracious reader"

"Always diversify your investments"

"Don't run from risk, without risk, i believe it is difficult for your portfolio to aim to achieve superior investment returns"

"Take a long term view"

"Make volatility your friend"
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
Without volatility of price movements, the market would have die long ago. Volatility is a friend or foe not only depends on your mental make-up, it is also depend on how long you can stay solvent. Because of volatility in the market, some people are not suitable for the market.
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.