Which Brokerage/Security has stop-loss feature?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Gurus,

Good evening/morning, Big Grin
Like to find out which brokerage or security has stop-loss feature in their shares trading platform?

Understand that "Lim & Tan" currently do not have it.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Wink

Cheers
f2o
City Bank Brokerage has "stop loss" trade.

But i try to open an account there 3 times without success. Even after i carefully comply to their rules & regulations. It seems City Bank not so "interested" in me as i had demanded once they returned my FD immediately after 12-month term was up. (i think i have been black-marked because of this incident).
Citi Bank claimed when i signed the 12-month term FD document, i should have read the fine print. It stated clearly i had to give them 1 month notice after FD matured as fund is tied to credit card issued. (Of Course document didn't said so clearly about credit card's issue). i said you could check my credit card record now why take 1 more month after 12 - month term FD was up. i told them i would check with MAS about their FINE PRINT imposed on me for this 12-month term FD. So the Bank asked for a few hours or a day (i couldn't remember now). They would use a courier service to deliver a check to me at my door-step. Which they did. Credit to them here.
Case closed.
But i think i kena black-marked by their computer system software as
"un-welcome alien, lol in my own country. No?
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
(26-05-2013, 02:06 AM)f2o Wrote: Dear Gurus,

Like to find out which brokerage or security has stop-loss feature in their shares trading platform?

Cheers
f2o

I dont think it is a good idea to have this stop-loss feature if you are a true value investor.

Let's say as a result of your hard work and scuttleboat, you have determined that company A is valued at a minimum of 50 cents, as a result of the pessimistic market, you manage to buy it at 30 cents. Then you go set a stop-loss at 25 cents and because markets fluctuate, you sell at 25 cents... isnt this silly... you sell when your margin of safety gets bigger?

if you are a trader, you may dismiss what i say Smile
(26-05-2013, 10:25 AM)safetyfirst Wrote:

Cheers
f2o

I dont think it is a good idea to have this stop-loss feature if you are a true value investor.

Let's say as a result of your hard work and scuttleboat, you have determined that company A is valued at a minimum of 50 cents, as a result of the pessimistic market, you manage to buy it at 30 cents. Then you go set a stop-loss at 25 cents and because markets fluctuate, you sell at 25 cents... isnt this silly... you sell when your margin of safety gets bigger?

Stop loss price setting is good for rising market where you try to sell at the highest price possible for your "over-value" stocks. Anyway, i usually place limit orders for B/S. It's very, very rare for me to place market order. Only when i am become a "desperado", i did. Never say never in money matters.

Truism of Investments.
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
(26-05-2013, 10:40 AM)Temperament Wrote:

Cheers
f2o

Stop loss price setting is good for rising market where you try to sell at the highest price possible for your "over-value" stocks. Anyway, i usually place limit orders for B/S. It's very, very rare for me to place market order. Only when i am become a "desperado", i did. Never say never in money matters.

Hi Safetyfirst, Temperament,

Thank you for the advice.
The reason is because I feel that my stock has reached above my value. But I still do not want to release it. (sentimental and I am also emotional) I also could not find a better stock. Thus I wanted it to continue to raise if possible.

Thus I was thinking of putting a stop-loss to prevent any drop since it had reached my value/target.

Found out that Poems has a Protrader club but need to pay $80 for 3 months. Dodgy

Do not want to waste this money.

Cheers
Be Healthy and Wealthy
(26-05-2013, 11:31 AM)f2o Wrote:
(26-05-2013, 10:40 AM)Temperament Wrote:

Cheers
f2o

Hi Safetyfirst, Temperament,

Thank you for the advice.
The reason is because I feel that my stock has reached above my value. But I still do not want to release it. (sentimental and I am also emotional) I also could not find a better stock. Thus I wanted it to continue to raise if possible.

Thus I was thinking of putting a stop-loss to prevent any drop since it had reached my value/target.

Found out that Poems has a Protrader club but need to pay $80 for 3 months. Dodgy

Do not want to waste this money.

Cheers
Be Healthy and Wealthy
CHEERS!
BE HEALTHY & WEALTHY.
Try Citi Bank and share with us will you?
i may want to try again after your feedback.
Thanks.

Truism of Investments.

standchart
(26-05-2013, 12:16 PM)chialc Wrote: standchart
But Standchart is a custody account. i never like. i only believe in CDP. That's one of the reason i do not invest in ASX or HK. EX.

Truism of Investments.

(26-05-2013, 12:37 PM)Temperament Wrote:
(26-05-2013, 12:16 PM)chialc Wrote: standchart
But Standchart is a custody account. i never like. i only believe in CDP. That's one of the reason i do not invest in ASX or HK. EX.

Hi Temperament, Chialc,

Thank you for the great advice
Will try out both Citibank and maybe Standard Chartered.

Thus this is the "Brokerage/Security with Stop-loss feature" consolidation so far:

Poems using Protrader ($80 for 3 months)
Citibank
Standard Chartered (custodian is Stand Chart, not CDP)

Cheers
f2o
Be Healthy and Wealthy
Brokers that do automatic Stop loss on SGX

Hi, I am looking for ways to automatic stop loss on SGX direct market access. (Not market maker) Eg. Shares are now $2.2. I want to automatic cut loss when shares go to $2, without me calling my broker or going to computer, how do I do that?

[Image: stop-loss-order.gif]