Fu Yu Corporation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noted from the latest announcement of asset disposal on SGX, the NTA could hit 21.98 cts.

Cash on hand will be up from current 6.29 cents to around 7.9 cents?

Anyone can help to verify? Current price seems to be cheap at 6.1 cents.
Hi Disposal on assest may push NTA up but how much of the cash will be recycled tfor productive use is another questions. For this you may have to ask Fu yu's mgmt with they intend to do with the cash?
(25-04-2013, 10:05 AM)persia Wrote: Noted from the latest announcement of asset disposal on SGX, the NTA could hit 21.98 cts.

Strange thing is, Lui Choon Hay has been doing the "lelong lelong" until his voice is now so coarse... Big Grin
Should be 'Discount to Net Net' instead.
(25-04-2013, 01:16 PM)cif5000 Wrote:
(25-04-2013, 10:05 AM)persia Wrote: Noted from the latest announcement of asset disposal on SGX, the NTA could hit 21.98 cts.

Strange thing is, Lui Choon Hay has been doing the "lelong lelong" until his voice is now so coarse... Big Grin

This Lui Choon Hay seems to be the ex-boss of Fu Yu before kena investigation and resigned in Jan 2007.

Based on last filing, he still has about 61 million shares on hand (to dispose?)
It is interesting to see Fu Yu being mentioned here. I have posted the following 5cents worth biased POV in another forum.

If you look at 2012 quarter to quarter results, overall business is making positive progress. Revenue dropped but gross margin improved. I cannot say the business has finally turned around but it is not as bad as year to year results indicated (lost for 3 consecutive years). The cash and cash equivalents are at ~49mil (~6cts/share) excluding the latest disposal of assset. Current financial liabilities are close to 1.0mil. The current and last quarters results will be crucial.

2012 Q4 67mil (Rev) 0.98mil (Profit/Loss) 12% (Gross margin)
2012 Q3 76mil (Rev) -0.75mil (Profit/Loss) 9% (Gross margin)
2012 Q2 87mil (Rev) -2.91mil (Profit/Loss) 8% (Gross margin)
2012 Q1 84mil (Rev) -4.31mil (Profit/Loss) 6% (Gross margin)

- vested
Just curious why is the ex boss selling his stake of Fu yu at current price?

Is he in need of $$. If there is so much difference in NTA, even if i have resigned, I will still hold onto Fu Yu unless i am in financial distress or forsee Fu Yu is a value trap
(27-04-2013, 12:59 PM)CY09 Wrote: Just curious why is the ex boss selling his stake of Fu yu at current price?

Is he in need of $$. If there is so much difference in NTA, even if i have resigned, I will still hold onto Fu Yu unless i am in financial distress or forsee Fu Yu is a value trap

Beats me too. It will be a good question to post to Fu Yu management if anyone is attending coming AGM on 30/Apr.
(27-04-2013, 12:59 PM)CY09 Wrote: Just curious why is the ex boss selling his stake of Fu yu at current price?

u coming to 80 years old meh?
(25-04-2013, 11:32 AM)CY09 Wrote: Hi Disposal on assest may push NTA up but how much of the cash will be recycled tfor productive use is another questions. For this you may have to ask Fu yu's mgmt with they intend to do with the cash?

Looking at a quick snapshot of the Balance Sheet from Bloomberg Businessweek, they seem to enjoy keeping lots of cash, at least since FY09....Rolleyes
Luck & Fortune Favours those who are Prepared & Decisive when Opportunity Knocks
------------ 知己知彼 ,百战不殆 ;不知彼 ,不知己 ,每战必殆 ------------