Street Smarts by Jim Rogers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An interesting book. (Read ard 67%)
Talked abt Finance, economies, immigration issues..etc

Discussed quite a fair bit abt Singapore.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vjz9nh epub
Kindle [Mobi]

oh, its available at Popular Book Store!
(03-03-2013, 08:40 PM)honeyclover Wrote: An interesting book. (Read ard 67%)
Talked abt Finance, economies, immigration issues..etc

Discussed quite a fair bit abt Singapore.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vjz9nh epub
Kindle [Mobi]

oh, its available at Popular Book Store!

Book with Singapore as case study! probably due to he is staying in Singapore now Big Grin

Will add this into reading list, thanks
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
thanks for sharing.

There are some snippets of what happen bw him and george soros and their split.
I'm interested to hear Rogers' side of the story. Heard in an interview sometime back where my takeaway from what Soros said:
- Jim worked for Soros
- Jim was an excellent analyst who could do the job of several pple
- Jim had a problem getting along with other pple
I'm reading this book now. But i do realise this book isn't exactly about technical skills or investing philosophy. This is more about his life story, how he came to be a good investor and what he is thinking now. So I guess the lessons are more subtle.

On the other hand, I strongly recommend the book to all Singaporeans, who is open minded enough. He wrote extensively in some chapters on the issue with Singapore these days. Well.. One could always argue that he is a rich man in Singapore so he doesn't feel the pain, but as someone who has travelled so extensively and thought so deeply, I think his words are worth a listen.
(13-03-2013, 11:15 PM)l0nEr Wrote: I'm reading this book now. But i do realise this book isn't exactly about technical skills or investing philosophy. This is more about his life story, how he came to be a good investor and what he is thinking now. So I guess the lessons are more subtle.

On the other hand, I strongly recommend the book to all Singaporeans, who is open minded enough. He wrote extensively in some chapters on the issue with Singapore these days. Well.. One could always argue that he is a rich man in Singapore so he doesn't feel the pain, but as someone who has travelled so extensively and thought so deeply, I think his words are worth a listen.
can u share with us some key take away after u finished reading please?
It is very interesting discussion about Jim Rogers, I agree with you dear.In according to me ,I am reading this book last week.very interesting book, i do realize that this book isn't exactly about technical skills and not a drama, it depends upon his life story.How he came to be a good investor and what he is thinking now.
I read this book last month, quite nice. Good read
4/5 stars
I was given this book by him during his engagement at SMU.

It doesn't teach us how to analyse stocks; but it taught us how to think and reconcile things that happen around the world with your portfolio. Maybe, a bit of forward thinking. He spoke about rise and fall of nations, and his passion of traveling. He stumbled upon finance, and he saw investment as a way to buy his freedom. The book is a easy read that can be finished in few hours.
thanks for sharing.. i am a fan of jim rogers