Cessation of Pulses magazine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In its latest issue, it announces it will cease to exist after December 2010. A bit regret this is happening.
Invest for Dividends:
-
My Passive Income Investing Blog
I feel its a really sad thing for such a good and cheap magazine to cease publication. Was looking at Invest but somehow feel its a bit lacking. Any other recommendation?
is S$5.50 per copy considered cheap for such a magazine?
I think the Edge magazine is not bad.
http://www.theedgesingapore.com/index.php

Think they have a promotion of $138 for 52 issues (1 year). Can consider if you really want.
Yes, it is a good magazine. THL will continue to write in Business Times I guess. So we will continue to benefit. But not sure about the other columnists such as the Bobby guy who wrote about REITs, and also the others like Audi Wong who wrote about company reviews.
The Edge...........I personally find it better than pulses..........
To me, each have their strengths. One is more news-ly - more current as it is a weekly. But the other can provide more in depth analysis and strategy pieces. There is possibly room for both publications here.
The Edge has detailed write ups, but always show a price chart instead of the companies' fundamentals, which are what matter when it comes to investing. I tend to completely ignore price charts so am also vexed at The Edge for including them. Pulses, on the other hand, always gives a good snapshot of the Company's financials and key numbers.

Too bad Pulses is being discontinued. I guess with the bull market in full swing, it makes more sense to sell magazines focusing on churn, trading and IPOs.....Tongue
My Value Investing Blog: http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com/
Hi fellow forumers,

I have tried finding the edge publications on Mon-Wed at Harris and Popular to no avail. Where can i purchase so I can have a 'test' read of its quality?
memphisb Wrote:I have tried finding the edge publications on Mon-Wed at Harris and Popular to no avail. Where can i purchase so I can have a 'test' read of its quality?

Borders carries it for sure.