Memstar Technology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This stock catch my attention with the growth % in the last 1-2 years. It seem good revenue generated from the "service concession" contracts started from FY2011

Anyone vested?

Memstar Technology Ltd
Website
http://www.memstar.com.sg/

Business

(“Memstar” or together with its subsidiaries, the “Group”), a leading manufacturer and supplier of polyvinylidene fluoride (“PVDF”) hollow fibre membrane, membrane products and systems in PRC and one of the few manufacturers of high performance PVDF hollow fibre membranes in the world and also a water and wastewater treatment solutions provider
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
(10-05-2012, 10:40 AM)CityFarmer Wrote: This stock catch my attention with the growth % in the last 1-2 years. It seem good revenue generated from the "service concession" contracts started from FY2011

Anyone vested?

Memstar Technology Ltd
Website
http://www.memstar.com.sg/

Business

(“Memstar” or together with its subsidiaries, the “Group”), a leading manufacturer and supplier of polyvinylidene fluoride (“PVDF”) hollow fibre membrane, membrane products and systems in PRC and one of the few manufacturers of high performance PVDF hollow fibre membranes in the world and also a water and wastewater treatment solutions provider

used to be called media stream I think
There are a number of water BOT companies listed here - Sound Global, United Envirotech, Hankore, Asia Water, K-Green etc. Maybe you can use them as comparables ?

(Not Vested in any of those)
Disclaimer: Please feel free to correct any error in my post. I am not liable for anything. Do your own research and analysis. I do NOT give buy or sell calls and stock tips. Buy and sell at your risk. I am not a qualified financial adviser so I do not give any advice. The postings reflects my own personal thoughts which may or may not be accurate.
(10-05-2012, 12:09 PM)Nick Wrote: There are a number of water BOT companies listed here - Sound Global, United Envirotech, Hankore, Asia Water, K-Green etc. Maybe you can use them as comparables ?

(Not Vested in any of those)

Thanks for the info. I will do my homework with the info

One point to share is the common share outstanding is 2,655.8 Mils, which is quite huge compare with typical number of 500 Mils Big Grin
(10-05-2012, 11:44 AM)sgd Wrote: used to be called media stream I think

Correct! I bought into MediaStream sometime in '00 upon the very strong recommendation of a banker friend. I was told and really believe this friend of mine who claims to know George Thia and thinks he's as savvy a deal maker as Simon Cheong. Haha.. me so naive...can only blame myself... Confused

Anyway, this so-called biz savvy fella was subsequently fighting court cases as he claimed MediaStream was duped into biz transactions (acquire biz that subsequently didn't deliver). IIRC, not once but twice!

I lost touch and lost interest as I'd held on to my tiny stake which became economically unfeasible to sell (min. brokerage more than sales proceeds). It didn't get any better as it subsequently went into JM (Judicial Mgmt) and finally, a white knight came along to do a reverse takeover. My misery didn't end there as there was a subsequent 10-for-1 share consolidation. My economically unfeasible stake became so tiny I'd need a microscope to examine it.. Hee..

I have not been actively following Memstar biz but it does seem to be doing ok as my microscopic stake seems to have doubled or even triple it's size (from the microscopic stake, not the original invested amt).
Luck & Fortune Favours those who are Prepared & Decisive when Opportunity Knocks
------------ 知己知彼 ,百战不殆 ;不知彼 ,不知己 ,每战必殆 ------------
(10-05-2012, 01:38 PM)KopiKat Wrote: I lost touch and lost interest as I'd held on to my tiny stake which became economically unfeasible to sell (min. brokerage more than sales proceeds). It didn't get any better as it subsequently went into JM (Judicial Mgmt) and finally, a white knight came along to do a reverse takeover. My misery didn't end there as there was a subsequent 10-for-1 share consolidation. My economically unfeasible stake became so tiny I'd need a microscope to examine it.. Hee..

I have not been actively following Memstar biz but it does seem to be doing ok as my microscopic stake seems to have doubled or even triple it's size (from the microscopic stake, not the original invested amt).

Thanks for all the background story of Memstar.

After 10-to-1 share consolidation, the current outstanding share is 2,655.8 Mils Sad It mean original outstanding share is 26 Bils share? WoW, an interesting stock..., will find out more....
(10-05-2012, 03:56 PM)CityFarmer Wrote: After 10-to-1 share consolidation, the current outstanding share is 2,655.8 Mils Sad It mean original outstanding share is 26 Bils share? WoW, an interesting stock..., will find out more....

For your reading pleasure... Just reading the cover page will give you an idea of the nos. of new shares that was issued...Rolleyes
Luck & Fortune Favours those who are Prepared & Decisive when Opportunity Knocks
------------ 知己知彼 ,百战不殆 ;不知彼 ,不知己 ,每战必殆 ------------
(10-05-2012, 04:47 PM)KopiKat Wrote:
(10-05-2012, 03:56 PM)CityFarmer Wrote: After 10-to-1 share consolidation, the current outstanding share is 2,655.8 Mils Sad It mean original outstanding share is 26 Bils share? WoW, an interesting stock..., will find out more....

For your reading pleasure... Just reading the cover page will give you an idea of the nos. of new shares that was issued...Rolleyes

Thanks for the info. Appreciated

If participated then, with issue price of S$0.005, after 10-to-1 consolidation and the recent price of S$0.071. Return is 42% for a duration of 5 years (exclude all dividend if any) and average of 8.4%, not too bad for your investment, right?
I did buy some at half a cent and later sold at 1.5 - 2cts but it was under judicial management for a while, not too bad but I would say I got lucky, not all companies have good ending.

I remember they issued a crazy amount of shares was it 100 BILLION? I remember they said it was the day sgx ran out of digits and the whole system hanged. Later they did do a consolidation or reverse split.
(10-05-2012, 07:53 PM)sgd Wrote: I did buy some at half a cent and later sold at 1.5 - 2cts but it was under judicial management for a while, not too bad but I would say I got lucky, not all companies have good ending.

I remember they issued a crazy amount of shares was it 100 BILLION? I remember they said it was the day sgx ran out of digits and the whole system hanged. Later they did do a consolidation or reverse split.

Base on the info available, it is 26 Bils share before 10-to-1 consolidation. It is an eye opener for me, for a public company with share capital of 277 S$Mils Confused

SPH has only 1.6 Bils share, even Singtel group has only 16 Bils share.