Benjamin Graham on Investing: Enduring Lessons from the Father of Value Investing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editorial Reviews taken from Amazon

[Image: 51A14I0bJTL._SL160_.jpg]

Product Description

"They laid out a road map for investing that I have now been following for 57 years. There's been no reason to look for another." Warren Buffett, on the writings of Benjamin Graham

Legendary investing author and philosopher Benjamin Graham lived through interesting times. Soon after his graduation from Columbia College, the nation entered the First World War. As the stock market fluctuated in wild dips and peaks, the government seized control of the railroad industry, inflation and interest rates rose dramatically, and economic depression loomed on the horizon.

During these events , and perhaps inspired by them , Graham began writing articles for The Magazine of Wall Street, putting to paper his earliest ideas on value investing and security analysis.

For the first time, these important works have been anthologized into a single volume. Benjamin Graham on Investing is a treasure trove of rare and out-of-print articles that document the early flashes of genius from a man whose ideas and theories would revolutionize investment philosophy and inspire the careers of such luminaries as Warren Buffett, Seth Klarman, Charlie Munger, and countless other top-tier investors.

The early works of Benjamin Graham have never been as relevant as they are today. The world's markets are undergoing changeon a scale not unlike that of Graham's era. David Darst, one of the world's most respected experts on asset allocation, provides insightful analyses connecting Graham's articles to events today.

Benjamin Graham on Investing is a timeless classic that continues to have relevance more than 30 years after the author's death.

From the Back Cover

Most famous for his investing classic Security Analysis, first published by McGraw-Hill in 1934, Benjamin Graham wrote for The Magazine of Wall Street between 1917 and 1927. It was in these early articles that Graham began fleshing out what would eventually become some of the most influential investment theories in history.

Now, for the first time, Graham's early writings are available exclusively in a single volume.

Benjamin Graham on Investing is a rare presentation of the legendary investor's unique analytical style and methods for determining a company's true value. Writing from the last two years of World War I through the years leading up to the crash of 1929, Graham's articles are not only indicative of the economic turbulence of the period but also serve as timeless pieces of wisdom for any investor.

Edited and featuring a preface by Rodney G. Klein, a former student of the legendary value investor, and with detailed commentary by asset allocation expert David M. Darst, this collection is a prized volume for any fan of Benjamin Graham.

--------------------------

I bought this book from MPH last September when they gave 30% discount.
Specuvestor: Asset - Business - Structure.