if you had 10k ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lets say the market tanked 4 minutes ago and you have 10k, not much but all you have at that moment.

I will hit the bonds anything more 15% yield grab first talk later. Tongue

Reits anything more than 20% yield and less than 30% debt grab first talk later. Tongue

what would you buy and why? Big Grin
Tank by how much?

I have a few targets, but I have to make sure the businesses are sound. This would mean talking to Management and re-looking the numbers again.
My Value Investing Blog: http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com/
lets say when market tanked almost everything looked 30% less than they were.
what would you buy and why?

update: ok more challenge, maybe abt 20% less. not much time before market react. Big Grin
I have a few targets, but let's see how it goes.
grab blue chips 1st, upon recovery to 30%, sell and grab 2nd tier stocks, then 3rd tier stocks...
banks/mid-caps/small-caps.

10K become 13K, become 16.9K, become 21.97K... assuming all recover 30% and sell...

Big Grin
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
(13-04-2012, 10:59 AM)brattzz Wrote: grab blue chips 1st, upon recovery to 30%, sell and grab 2nd tier stocks, then 3rd tier stocks...
banks/mid-caps/small-caps.

10K become 13K, become 16.9K, become 21.97K... assuming all recover 30% and sell...

Big Grin

That would be more of a traders mentality? Huh
My Value Investing Blog: http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com/
yes, build up warchest 1st mah... 10K become 21.97K... then wait for market to tank in 4 mins again? Big Grin

10K become 21.97K.. 4 mins
100K becomes 219.7K.. 4 mins
1M becomes 2.19.7M.. 4 mins

a very exciting 12 mins of our life! Big Grin though i doubt it will happen, usually takes a life cycle of 7 to 10 yrs per tank.. Tongue
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
Buy the best businesses that come at a reasonable price
10k (of opportunity fund) will not make you rich, no matter how good your choice is.
Buy Kingsmen Creative, ard 20 lots and hold it while waiting for its dividend.
Wait i think i just did that this morning. Smile