Fredriksen to Spend $3 Billion From Seadrill Stake on Ships, Arctic Says

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-01...-says.html [Article]

I found this article to be rather interesting as it seems that the shipping mogul JF is taking a massive dual-contrarian bet by divesting shares in a company dealing with oil rigs to purchase numerous product tankers. Selling high buying low ? JF is the majority shareholder of SGX dual listed Golden Ocean. Though I wonder whether it means an increased interest in newbuildings (which will increase the supply problems) or plans to attack new second hand vessels from struggling operators.

(Not vested in any shipping companies)
Disclaimer: Please feel free to correct any error in my post. I am not liable for anything. Do your own research and analysis. I do NOT give buy or sell calls and stock tips. Buy and sell at your risk. I am not a qualified financial adviser so I do not give any advice. The postings reflects my own personal thoughts which may or may not be accurate.
definately buying in distress-priced tankers... forcing out the loss-marking operators... and consolidating/enlarging his position in the tanker biz...

JF is shrewd.
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL!