Unilever PLC Common Stock (UL)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unilever NV (stock quote UN) and Unilever PLC (stock quote UL) have separate legal identities but operate as a single entity

Since 1930 when the Unilever Group was formed, NV and PLC, together with their group companies, have operated as nearly as practicable as a single economic entity. This is achieved by a series of agreements between NV and PLC (the Foundation Agreements, further described on page 51), together with special provisions in the Articles of Association of NV and PLC.

However, they remain separate legal entities with different shareholder constituencies and separate stock exchange listings. Shareholders cannot convert or exchange the shares of one for the shares of the other.

NV and PLC have the same Directors, adopt the same accounting principles, and pay dividends to their respective shareholders on an equalised basis. NV and PLC and their group companies constitute a single reporting entity for the purposes of presenting consolidated accounts. Accordingly, the accounts of the Unilever Group are presented by both NV and PLC as their respective consolidated accounts.
NV and PLC are holding and service companies, and the business activity of Unilever is carried out by their subsidiaries around the world. Shares in group companies may ultimately be held wholly by either NV or PLC or by the two companies in varying proportions.

[Image: unilever.png]

On NYSE Feb 17, 2012 closing price : UL 32.75 USD versus UN 33.78 USD.

Notes : Excerpt from Unilever 2010 Annual Report

Vested on Unilever PLC

Specuvestor: Asset - Business - Structure.
hi cyclone, can i check with you whether your unilever dividends is subjected to withholding taxes?
Dividend Investing and More @ InvestmentMoats.com
The dividend will be paid on 23 March. I'll know whether the dividend is subjected to withholding taxes or not only on 25 March. I'll tell you by that time. Bought this one not too long ago. UL should be no withholding tax, but UN will get withholding tax. Just a guess only based on what I read on wikipedia about dividend tax.
it would seem UK stocks like Vodafone, BP and UL shouldnt have withholding tax. which is a good thing for us. if i remember correctly my Vodafone no withholding.
On UN dividend you will be charged 15% dividend withholding tax (netherlands rate).

The UL dividend will have no withholding tax charges as the UK does not have a dividend tax. Note, however, that in the UK an 0.5% Stamp Duty is charged on stock purchases. The Netherlands does not have any stamp duty costs.
thank you jaco
Unilever Bets $2.7 Billion on South Korean Cosmetics Boom

By Thomas Buckley  and Sterling Wong
September 25, 2017, 2:11 PM GMT+8 September 25, 2017, 10:04 PM GMT+8

Unilever agreed to pay 2.27 billion euros ($2.7 billion) for one of South Korea’s biggest makers of beauty products, seeking a larger slice of a booming business fueled by its links to the country’s pop stars and TV actors.

Unilever plans to buy Carver Korea Co., maker of AHC skincare products, from shareholders including Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Bain Capital Private Equity. It’s the biggest acquisition yet for the Anglo-Dutch company in the world’s fourth-largest skincare market, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

For the owner of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream and Dove soap, the deal follows recent purchases in niche areas like organic tea and vegan mayonnaise as Chief Executive Officer Paul Polman pursues a commitment to sustainability. The company has also been building up a “prestige” arm within its personal-care business, targeting high-end brands founded in developed markets, such as Dermalogica, Ren and Murad.

More details in https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...om-goldman