Tribute to this forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This post is a special tribute to this wonderful forum where I got to learn about many companies listed in Singapore.

I came to know about Valuebuddies forum after Afralug forum (predecessor of Valuebuddies forum) closed down. I cannot remember how I came to know about Afralug but I knew about it back in 2009. It was in Afralug that I got to know about amazing companies such as Thomson Medical Centre and Kingsmen. Thomson Medical Centre has been privatized since. In the new Valuebuddies forum that started in 2010 (I think), I came to know about more amazing companies such as Super, Vicom, Adampak and OKP.

I'm really grateful to all the moderators and people who run this Valuebuddies forum and also those who ran the Afralug forum. I'm also thankful for every single one of the contributors who have bounced around ideas and I have learnt a lot about investing from visiting this forum and by reading the threads. I'm especially thankful to dydx who has unearthed many wonderful gems and has shared it instead of keeping them to himself and profiting from them alone. I got to know many, if not all, of the companies stated above from dydx's posts.

Those who have been affected positively by this forum, do share with the rest of us how this forum has helped u...
Visit my personal investing blog at http://financiallyfreenow.wordpress.com now!
Is this forum closing down?
Invest for Dividends:
-
My Passive Income Investing Blog
No, not at all.. Why can't one do a tribute to recognize such a wonderful forum? I'm just grateful for the existence of such a forum.
Visit my personal investing blog at http://financiallyfreenow.wordpress.com now!
lolz! Big Grin

we will keep it going!! go value go value go!! Big Grin
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
It is indeed a wonderful forum. Though some of the cheem discussion on accounting is beyond me, I have nonetheless benefitted immensely from the analysis.
Indeed, this is a great forum to exchange information and to learn from all.
Keep it all!
Great contributions from all the forummers here....long live VB haha !!!
Disclaimer: Please feel free to correct any error in my post. I am not liable for anything. Do your own research and analysis. I do NOT give buy or sell calls and stock tips. Buy and sell at your risk. I am not a qualified financial adviser so I do not give any advice. The postings reflects my own personal thoughts which may or may not be accurate.
Thank you for all who contributed. Yes! Indeed it is a very great forum. Why? It's simply for people like me only having only an ITE(It's the End) education who do not have the privilege of a U's education to continue learning for life FOC. from all of you.
Thank you.
Shalom & Amen.
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
I stumbled upon this forum recently and I'm surprised to find the many quality postings here and the depth of knowledge displayed by many among you. This forum is a godsend not only to those who want to learn about value investing but also to many experienced investor to learn and share. I noticed a high degree of professionalism, expertise and honesty from the postings. More importantly, I see a great spirit of sharing and willingness to help one another. Let me take this opportunity to say a big 'Thank You' to everyone who have contributed to make this forum a success.
I wait for the day when this forum's daily postings exceeds one whole page. It could be today.