Notes on Moderation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have deleted the thread on 'Foreign Talent' which was irrelevant to the main spirit of the forum.

Thanks Buddies like Arthur and Bratzzz for sounding out, it's responsible forummers like you guys that make us moderators have an easy time ensuring that the forum remains a community for sharing of Investment views, economic news and in general, a nice place to hang out.
I got it all wrong, I thought this thread "notes on moderation" is on the topic of people living within their means and not over-stretching themselves in what ever they do. Big toe, small brain Wink
Hi Behappyalways-san, I saw the video too. Nothing explicitly offensive. But judging (and I admit this was a judgment call on my part) but together with the responses of Arthur and Brattz and the thread starter's first posting, my impression was that the thread-starter's intentions were of a less innocent nature. Also, not that we mean to be prudes or don't understand that humour is a vital part of life but if you start a thread titled 'Sex', it's quite possible that however pristine the content may be, it would arguably be deviating pretty far from the main intentions of the forum.

BigToe-san and others, dang! Suggestions for a better title please?

I do support Kazukirai on this. It's a matter of judgement, granted, but the Moderators of this forum would like to see postings which are in good taste and would not be mistaken as being offensive.

At this juncture, I would also like to remind all forumers to please be polite and civil at all times and to respect everyone's opinion, no matter how different they may be. Another reminder is also for forumers to refrain from using vulgar language (e.g. FXXX).

Thank you.
My Value Investing Blog: http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com/
Deleted the 2nd 'Foreign Talents' thread by the same threadstarter.
Same reason as before- irrelevant and potentially offensive.
(24-10-2011, 11:25 AM)kazukirai Wrote: Deleted the 2nd 'Foreign Talents' thread by the same threadstarter.
Same reason as before- irrelevant and potentially offensive.

Perhaps a warning should also be given to this forumer. If he persists in creating potentially inflammatory or controversial threads then he will be banned from the forum.
Readers and Forumers,

You have an extremist for a moderator, and that's ironic and even tragic.
Saying my posts are "irrelevant" and "potentially offensive" are outright lies.
I posted 2 videos, one about a train surfer and the other called William Tell's mother. How are they "potentially offensive"?

The thread is well visited judging by the visitor count, very popular actually considering the low number of visitors to this forum.

For those who did not see the videos they are just fun and humourous stuff.

How is my thread more "irrelevant" than others in this "Audio & Video" Section?

After "Foreign Talent" was removed the first time, I've got Admin's concurrence to restart it, that's why it was up again.

Musicwhiz,
I thought you are someone moderate. Have you viewed the 2 videos? How are they potentially inflammatory or controversial?
Why should I be given a warning?

Any objective comments from those who had viewed my videos?

What needs deletion or removal is not my thread but a lying extremist.

If you have any complaints I would advise you to take it up with both Admin and the Moderator privately.

To be frank, I have not viewed the videos myself before they were deleted. My comment was of a general nature and not directed at the particular thread which was deleted. Apologize if you felt they were targeted at you.

I suggest we all temper our emotions and approach this without resorting to personal attacks.

Thank you.
Hi Mr Musicwhiz

Your comment about giving "this forumer" a warning, and "potentially inflammatory" and "controversial thread"
are obviously targeted at me. They are in black and white; just go up 2 posts and re-read it.
You have not seen the videos, yet you use such strong words. That's downright irresponsible.
You are an accountant or someone holding responsible position in your career, right?
Yet you behave in this way.

Shocking.

(24-10-2011, 02:53 PM)folkzvagen Wrote: Hi Mr Musicwhiz

Your comment about giving "this forumer" a warning, and "potentially inflammatory" and "controversial thread"
are obviously targeted at me. They are in black and white; just go up 2 posts and re-read it.
You have not seen the videos, yet you use such strong words. That's downright irresponsible.
You are an accountant or someone holding responsible position in your career, right?
Yet you behave in this way.

Shocking.

As mentioned, if you have any issues please take them up with the Admin and the Moderator who deleted the thread. I was simply echoing the views presented by the other Moderator, and it was not meant to be a personal attack.