HKeX vs SGX

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi anyone trade stocks listed in HK?

I noted HKeX as an exchange seems far more superior than SGX in term of corporate governance and disclosure..

Just on disclosure, I noted HKeX offers info like listing and summary of counters with i) change of auditors ii) qualified auditors' opinions iii) delay in issuing reports iv) profit warning

on the other hand, I cant seem to find such database in sgx
(20-09-2011, 08:23 PM)pianist Wrote: Hi anyone trade stocks listed in HK?

I noted HKeX as an exchange seems far more superior than SGX in term of corporate governance and disclosure..

Just on disclosure, I noted HKeX offers info like listing and summary of counters with i) change of auditors ii) qualified auditors' opinions iii) delay in issuing reports iv) profit warning

Well each has it's pros and cons. In HK the companies are not required to report qtrly results. Also in their inteirm reports the CF statement is not there or very briefly stated except for the full year AR. As they say CF is a better guide then P/L.
hmm..that interesting thanks for the sharing. I also noted that HKeX has a list of consenting shareholders' names including minority shareholders for each listed company. And they also have consolidated sharebuyback reports. do you know if sgx provides us with customized news/announcement alert on a selected listed company just like that offered foc by HKeX?
(20-09-2011, 08:57 PM)Jacmar Wrote: Well each has it's pros and cons. In HK the companies are not required to report qtrly results. Also in their inteirm reports the CF statement is not there or very briefly stated except for the full year AR. As they say CF is a better guide then P/L.
btw i just bumped onto an interim result report by a H-share counter..it contains statement of CF and the whole report is more than 65 pages...that realli quality info. in addition, companies listed in gems report quarterly
(20-09-2011, 08:23 PM)pianist Wrote: Hi anyone trade stocks listed in HK?

HKEX has a big lead over SGX. It attracts the biggest and best IPOs, and its financials is far better. But I think SGX listing rules are very strict, except on the point of those business trust and the football clubs.

it seems all Chinese scammers go listing in Singapore.
China Gaoxian, Sinopipe, China Milk , China Sport and the list goes on and on.
I haven't seen such total scammers in HKEX yet.
so far all my h-chips giving me good paper gain and consistent dividends...reliable, decent..
(24-03-2013, 06:33 PM)Gaudente Wrote: it seems all Chinese scammers go listing in Singapore.
I agree with you. if you google, you will know there are some truth how HK. EXC. keeps out some of the Chinese Scammers.
SGX ???
But trading in HK. EXC., we Singaporeans have to worry about $US to $Sing. movement. We also have to worry of who is keeping custody of our shares. How safe is our shares with the custodians? Are there other anything i miss out?
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
I would disagree as this is a generalization. David Webb's hall of shame already turns up more than a few cases of fraud..

http://webb-site.com/pages/hallofshame.asp

(24-03-2013, 06:33 PM)Gaudente Wrote: it seems all Chinese scammers go listing in Singapore.
(24-03-2013, 10:31 PM)hkl Wrote: I would disagree as this is a generalization. David Webb's hall of shame already turns up more than a few cases of fraud..

http://webb-site.com/pages/hallofshame.asp

Yes! There were some articles in this forum in the past about Some China companies not allow to be listed in HK. EXC. but easily listed in SING. EXC. i think should be under "S-CHIPS" articles?
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.