Soup Restaurant Group

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone who owns shares in this counter should take a close look into the just released 1H-FY11 results.....
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/V...F003104CE/$file/SRGL_HalfYearResults_300611.pdf?openelement

This is the 2nd half-year period Soup has reported lower profits caused by mainly higher operating costs.

Based on Soup's 298.5m outstanding issued shares and last done share price of $0.146, market cap. now stands at $43.58m, vs. equity of $16.257m as at 30Jun11. A relevant question: Can Mr Market continue to support the current valuation?
Haha... being a scb user, I won't be eligible to their shareholder benefit (discount for food). Which makes it less attractive for me...

They do serve pretty good chicken Wink there was some deal.com.sg for them a week or two back?
I think the food service industry is being squeezed by the landlord as well as the food supplier so I put my bets on the squeezer rather than the victim. haha!
They should just change all or most of their soup resturant to Dian xiao er...
The thing about karma, It always comes around and bite you when you least expected.
The balance sheet is very strong, with no debt and net cash.
The net margin dropped by a lot though compared to previous years.
(02-08-2011, 11:13 AM)valuestalker Wrote: The balance sheet is very strong, with no debt and net cash.

Their operating leases commitments are about $14.8m; which is more than their cash of $11m. So they're not in net cash.
(02-08-2011, 06:13 PM)redcorolla95 Wrote:
(02-08-2011, 11:13 AM)valuestalker Wrote: The balance sheet is very strong, with no debt and net cash.

Their operating leases commitments are about $14.8m; which is more than their cash of $11m. So they're not in net cash.

From the latest result (above link), the cash is about S$ 15M right?
Ok, just about knocked off then.
After reading the latest announcement (dated 30Mar12).....
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/V...10046F46F/$file/BT_Article.pdf?openelement
, I think it is absolutely important that in business one should only get/have partners who are honest and have integrity, as well as people who are reasonable and of good nature and personality. Otherwise, it can end up a real disaster in the event of a dispute or disagreement.
Soup Restaurant has been suffering from profitability issues for the last year, even before this dispute came up.
no surprise. the escalating rental must be killing them.