S'pore's 40 richest worth US$54.4 billion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of the who's who in SG.

I found #4- Richard Chandler interesting though. Not exactly Singaporean but since his office is here, he goes on the list. The closest thing SG has to Warren Buffett?

I found a 2006 article on his investment firm as well. (link here)

I wonder how come Jim Rogers don't feature on the list though...

S'pore's 40 richest worth US$54.4 billion
Posted: 28 July 2011 1000 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore's 40 richest are now collectively worth US$54.4 billion, up 19 per cent compared with last year, according to the latest rich list published by Forbes Asia.

The better numbers achieved by the country's wealthiest come despite a slowing economy and weak stock market.

The family of the late Ng Teng Fong remains at the top with US$8.9 billion, up by US$1.1 billion from last year.

Their fortune is tied to their two biggest property holdings: privately held firm Far East Organization and Hong Kong-listed Tsim Sha Tsui Properties.

The family of the late tycoon Khoo Teck Puat comes in at number two with US$6.7 billion, up by US$800 million from last year.

They retain a stake in the Goodwood Group of Hotels.

At number three is veteran banker Wee Cho Yaw with US$4.2 billion, an increase of US$600 million over last year.

Forbes Asia said there are 13 billionaires on this year's list compared with 11 last year.

The two newcomers with billionaire standing are the Lien family and food tycoon Sam Goi.

- CNA/cc
"Founded oil trader Hin Leong at the age of 20, with a single truck delivering bunker fuel to fishermen and small power producers. Built it into one of Singapore's largest independent oil traders. Together with Petrochina, owns Universal Terminals, Asia's largest oil terminal. Shipping arm Ocean Tankers owns fleet of 70 oil tankers. He's reportedly investing over $5 billion in a new petroleum complex."

Likes this the most..........epic.....

Also good to see 24hr shopping centre back on the list