WBL Corporation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No discussion on this conglomerate so far. The prices have come down significant and we are close to the price/book ratio.

Primary source of revenue is MFLEX which is listed on NASDAQ which is around 65% of the revenue while the rest is a mixed bag of property and automotive business.

http://www.wearnes.com/ir_stock.html

Not vested at this point but in my watch list.
Mr. Ng Ser Miang was voted out as chairman during this morning's AGM. Apparently he saw it coming when he informed shareholders that a substantial shareholder has submitted a proxy form to vote against him. Based on this morning's straits times interview with Straits Trading chairwoman, most probably Straits Trading/Tecity is behind this.

CEO's in paying tribute to Mr. Ng mentioned that he played a significant role in the group's business in China due to his contacts. Hope that part of the business will not be adversely affected by Mr. Ng's departure.

Dr. Ser Wee, another Independent Director was also not re-elected.

There was some unhappiness among shareholders about the performance of the Technology division ( MFlex and MFS ).
Hope Mr Ng still receives payment from International Olympics Committee. The importance of muliple stream of income Smile
(10-01-2012, 09:03 PM)wsreader Wrote: Hope Mr Ng still receives payment from International Olympics Committee. The importance of muliple stream of income Smile

No need to worry for him. He ought to have enough to last him a life time from his TIBS shares when it was merged with SMRT. Other sources of income,

He is currently the Chairman of TIBS International Pte Ltd and NTUC Fairprice Co-operative Limited. Mr Ng is also a Director of Singapore Press Holdings Limited, Yanlord Land Group Limited and NTUC Fairprice Foundation Ltd. He has also been a Director of TIBS Holdings Ltd (the company he founded in 1981 until its merger with SMRT Corporation Ltd in 2001), SMRT Corporation Ltd and Biosensors International Group Ltd.

Mr Ng is the Vice-President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and a member of the various IOC Commissions. He is the Chairman of the Board of Governors for the Singapore Olympic Academy, Vice-President of the Singapore National Olympic Council and Chairman of its Finance Committee. He was the Chairman of the inaugural Youth Olympic Games Singapore Organising Committee.

http://www.wearnes.com/bod_nsm.shtml

Luck & Fortune Favours those who are Prepared & Decisive when Opportunity Knocks
------------ 知己知彼 ,百战不殆 ;不知彼 ,不知己 ,每战必殆 ------------
hai~ Both are sportsmen. But what a different life Tan Howe Liang has had!
Moving up slowly

not vested.
Mazda CX-5 launched in Japan, coming to Singapore in April
The all-new Mazda CX-5 compact crossover will be coming to Singapore in mid-April.
Launched in Japan yesterday, the CX-5 is the first model to adopt the car maker's SkyActiv technology, a umbrella term that denotes new engines, transmissions, body and chassis.
Mazda, Japan's fifth-largest car maker by volume, is aiming to sell 1,000 units in Japan a month.

The petrol version, which is the one that will arrive here, comes with a 2-litre direct injection engine with 155bhp and 196Nm of torque at 4,000rpm.
The engine has a super high-compression ratio and will be mated to a new-generation six-speed automatic transmission, which reportedly gives a direct shift similar to a manual transmission.

It has an aerodynamic coefficient of 0.33, which Mazda said is best among SUVs sold in Japan, and a claimed fuel economy stands at 6.25 litres/100km.

A rearview mirror can display images captured by the side monitor and a reverse guiding monitor.

A 2.2-litre diesel variant delivers 175bhp and 420Nm of maximum torque and comes with stop-start technology.

Besides being the first model to adopt Mazda's new design philosophy, Kodo, the compact crossover will have an advanced safety technology called Smart City Brake Support, which can help a driver avoid a frontal collision when driving at low speeds or in slow traffic.
Retail prices in Japan begin from 2,050,000 yen (S$33,016).
Proposed Acquisition of WBL by Strait Trading

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/V...2004C880A/$file/Chapter10Announcement.pdf?openelement
wow wow..seems like straits trading is fired up

can anyone care to share what the consideration about? it sounds very chiam to me -
1) 1.07 consideration share or 2) $3.41 cash per offer stock?

can i check the consideration share here refers to straits trading share? if it is, i would avoid at all cost..as why would i want to swap my wbl share into straits trading share? this deal doesn't make sense at all.
Just to check, is that consideration an offer to ALL shareholders, or only just the 7.8% +16.13%?
Too many things, i blur....