Midea Group (00300)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/ch...r-AA1qe6Zy

Probably the most interesting and best IPO to be out this year.

While the IPO is priced at HK$52-$54+ on HKEX, it is trading at a higher price on the Shenzhen exchange.

In my view, it is a large OEM maker and in 2021, it had purchased Kuka the third largest industrial robot maker in the world then. Midea has grown the industrial robot segment to a larger size, my suspicion is that China companies purchased robots from Kuka given that it is now a Chinese Brand.

At HK$52, the company is a 5.3% dividend yielder after China's dividend tax. Cashflow generative business with a low P/E, lower than 11.

Decent company which has the moat of delivering decent quality at a low price point for consumer electronics + an industrial robot segment which has synergy and is the market leader in China. Given its size and that it is the market leader in 02 segments of China, I will not be surprised the company joins the Hang Seng Index as well.

Personally, I am evaluating if I will purchase the company shares as part of a portfolio (but of course if only the price is right).