Cheung Woh Technologies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess Cheung Woh shareholders should be very pleased and also encouraged by the just released 1H (ended 31Aug10)-FY11 results announcement.....
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/V...A00132DEE/$file/CW-Half_Year_Result_31_Aug_2010.pdf?openelement

Apart from the very healthy 28.5% yoy growth in revenue, I am especially pleased with Cheung Woh's solid GP Margin, which (after adjusting for sales of scrap metal - a by-product) has increased to 29%, from 25.7% in 1H-FY09.

Based on the 1H-FY10's NP of $8.686m, it is reasonable to expect a full-year NP of close to $17.5m, which will translate to a FY11 EPS of $0.0559 (based on the 313.085m o/s issued shares). Based on the last done share price of $0.30, Mr Market is valuing Cheung Woh's well-established and growing metal parts business at a PER of only 5.4x.

An unchanged $0.005/share Interim dividend declared. Adjusting for the recent 1-for-5 bonus issue, Cheung Woh has actually raised the payout by 20%.
Yesterday (13Oct10), S&P has issued its update report on Cheung Woh, including having revised their FY11 (ending Feb11) projections upwards by 19.5%.....
http://research.sgx.com/reports/rpt_view.pl?id=6322
Yesterday (15Oct10), NextInsight post a short note on Cheung Woh, on CIMB having issued a 'BUY' call and a target price of $0.56 on the counter.....
http://nextinsight.biz/index.php/story-a...ts-say-now
Fellow HDD parts producer Broadway Industrial Group too has just released a set of encouraging Q3-FY10 results.....
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/V...9002D4112/$file/BIGL_FY2010_Q3_Results.pdf?openelement

Despite bigger in size, Broadway's adjusted (for scrap income) GP Margin of 15.5% for the latest 9-month period ended 30Sep10 is far inferior, when compared to Cheung Woh's 29% for the latest 6-month period ended 31Aug10.
The appointment is executive. Mr Christopher Law Tak Heem,26, oversees the management information system, sales and finance functions in Cheung Woh Precision (Zhuhai) Co., Ltd.
Assistant General Manager of Cheung Woh Precision (Zhuhai) Co., Ltd.
Mr Christopher Law Tak Heem had worked as a Production Supervisor in Cheung Woh Precision (Zhuhai) Co., Ltd during school vacation since 2006 and as a banking intern in OCBC during the year 2008.
Mr Christopher Law Tak Heem is:-

i) A son of Mr Law Kung Ying, Managing Director and Substantial Shareholder of the Company.
ii) Nephew of Mr Law Kung Ming, Executive Director and Substantial Shareholder of the Company.
iii) Nephew of Ms Law Yu Chui, Finance and Administrative Director and Substantial Shareholder of the Company.
iv) Grandson of Mdm Lee Hang Ngok, a Substantial Shareholder of the Company.
There was a sudden drop of $0.035 (about 10%) this morning on thin volume (only 20 lots transacted).

Is there any significant development here? A quick check with the SGX website reveals no announcement nor anything significant.

Is this a good opportunity to pick up some more Cheung Woh shares?
Isn't 26yo a little too young to be overseeing so many portfolios? Esp considering that his previous experience was a holiday job and an internship...

(01-11-2010, 09:27 PM)pianist Wrote: The appointment is executive. Mr Christopher Law Tak Heem,26, oversees the management information system, sales and finance functions in Cheung Woh Precision (Zhuhai) Co., Ltd.
Assistant General Manager of Cheung Woh Precision (Zhuhai) Co., Ltd.
Mr Christopher Law Tak Heem had worked as a Production Supervisor in Cheung Woh Precision (Zhuhai) Co., Ltd during school vacation since 2006 and as a banking intern in OCBC during the year 2008.
Mr Christopher Law Tak Heem is:-

i) A son of Mr Law Kung Ying, Managing Director and Substantial Shareholder of the Company.
ii) Nephew of Mr Law Kung Ming, Executive Director and Substantial Shareholder of the Company.
iii) Nephew of Ms Law Yu Chui, Finance and Administrative Director and Substantial Shareholder of the Company.
iv) Grandson of Mdm Lee Hang Ngok, a Substantial Shareholder of the Company.

He's family mah, Big Grin
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
(30-11-2010, 04:55 PM)Jon-san Wrote: Isn't 26yo a little too young to be overseeing so many portfolios? Esp considering that his previous experience was a holiday job and an internship...

I guess it all depends on: (1) Who is his father?, (2) Is his father trying very hard to groom the young man himself, or getting the CEO of the PRC operations to do it?, and (3) How smart and driven is the young man?
(30-11-2010, 05:13 PM)dydx Wrote:
(30-11-2010, 04:55 PM)Jon-san Wrote: Isn't 26yo a little too young to be overseeing so many portfolios? Esp considering that his previous experience was a holiday job and an internship...
I guess it all depends on: (1) Who is his father?, (2) Is his father trying very hard to groom the young man himself, or getting the CEO of the PRC operations to do it?, and (3) How smart and driven is the young man?
i think his father is directing him to the china exposure - a valuable experience in today context, however, temptations & indulgence opportunity is aplenty for youth in china esp if one comes with a sliver spoon