Happy New Year 2023!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all VBs! Smile

Would like to wish all of you, 
1) Very important! Good health! and,
2) Good commonsense! Big Grin

Thank you all for the greatx sharing and many discussions over the years!

My guesstimation for 2023 for Singapore's economy is remain steadfast and steady,

STI maintain 3000 - 3500 for the entire year 2023, Big Grin

Top 3 stocks forecast, Big Grin
1) ST Engineering (For their HUGE M&A entry in USA)
2) Comfort Delgro (For their recovery in international sectors)
3) Raffles' Medical (For their piece-meal revenue contribution from their china's exposure)

Big investment NO-s!! :O
1) No Cryptos
2) No Pte properties
3) No luxury watches

Big Grin

Stay safe, keep safe!
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
Rainbow 
Happy New Year, valuebuddies.
[Image: Peppermint_New-Year-Eve_Day-Buffet-768x628.jpg]
https://citynomads.com/best-new-years-ev...n-to-2023/

2022 was a exciting and exceptional good year for me.

Start to vested in Tech stocks
When these tech stocks was dropping like flies, I thought that opportunities had emerged.  My foot.  Both tech stocks that I vested dropped more than 50% as of today.

Switch to vested in Tech ETF
After 3 trenches of averaging down on tech stocks (trying to catch a falling knives), I need to take a pause (part of game plan for continuous loss).  

However, in my mind, tech stocks had dropped so much that the value is definitely better than the beginning.  The value is there.

Since I'm put a stop on buying tech stocks, I decided to switch to Tech ETF instead.  

This happened to be a good move.  Again, averaging down as the Tech ETF continuously dropped (as per my catching the falling knives strategy).  

My luck returned and as of today, my Tech ETF had rebounced nicely with reasonably good profit in less than one year.

With this success, I am planning to sell off my Tech ETF and re-invest into the tech stocks.... thinking, thinking, thinking...

Singapore stocks portfolio is a drag
In general, my Singapore stocks are rather stable/steady.  At the end of 2022, my top holding 5DD is trending down as sellers keep coming and selling continued ....

Crypto currency crashed
Everyone knows and saw the crashed in crypto. Despite the facts, I'm very glad that my crypto portfolio is still doing well... double of my cost... thanks to vested much earlier.

Moving forward, I'm watching property closely and will consider vested when opportunity present itself.  I'm expecting a recession but this expectation does not change my investment strategy...except...like what I'm doing now... invest slowly.

Having says that, my powder is ready to be fire anytime.  In the beginning of 2022, my powder was ready and I told myself to go slow.  2023 - if the recession hit hard and opportunity present itself, then I will make a big move.  Otherwise, I just buy slowly... as usual.

Gratitude.
Heart