Singapore Tax

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hello.  How do you learn the essentials of taxation?  Anything and everything.  Including corporate, personal, wills and trusts, property tax, investing in foreign shares, etc.  Thanks.  I don’t want to pay.
Each country has its own rules for taxing its residents and non-residents , different starting date of the tax year, different tax rates from job income and different tax rate for capital gains on sale of assets held for more that one year.

You are "resident" for tax on income earned in your own country and "non-resident" for capital gains from shares sold in other markets and other countries .

If you don't want to pay, then your free time in the public library is the best place to learn.
Just for update :

1. You become taxable for income if you stay more that 183 days in the country.

2. Some countries such as Singapore & Malaysia apply tax only on income arising within the country.

3. Some countries such as USA , apply tax on income from worldwide sources . So better to avoid these countries.

4 . The tax rates for many countries can be viewed on :

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)