Can hdb owner buy overseas property

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question 
Frequently asked question among hdb owners who wish to invest into overseas property is "I own a HDB, can I buy overseas property?"
Another question is "Do i need to sell my HDB if I wish to invest in overseas property?"
Here is the article on Can HDB owner buy overseas property
It is very common for Singaporean and SPR to own HDB as their first property. Once they fulfill their Minimum Occupation Period (MOP), basically they can invest in another property with the restriction, if both are PR's they must sell their HDB if they plan to buy Singapore private residential.
Some of them may want to venture into overseas property market due to higher return and lower tax offered in that particular country. The most common question asked is "Can I buy overseas property if i own an HDB"
Here is the article on Can HDB owner buy overseas property
Singapore property investors has been investing internationally recently. Some are attracted with the higher potential return, some are attracted with the lower investment amount and tax
Some are buying for future children education. All sort of reasons being said. Some are still wondering if they able to invest overseas if they own HDB.
Over this article Can HDB owner buy overseas property it is explain whether you are eligible to invest overseas property.