Guan Yin Citta & Master Lu

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zongshu20180915 09:17, Master Jun Hong Lu’s call-in radio program

*LEARN TO ADJUST OUR MENTAL ATTITUDE*

Master Jun Hong Lu: We must learn how to adjust our mental attitude. As always, nothing is smooth sailing in this world; no matter what you do, you must learn to accord to changes, learn to become wiser, and learn to let go. Our destiny is impermanent and nothing stays the same. Hence, tomorrow is never guranteed, and neither is today.
[I am not here to promote any stocks. Please always do your own research before embarking on any investment decision. I will not be liable for any of your own decisions. Your use of any information or materials is entirely at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information meet your specific requirements. I do not produce material which meets the objectives of any specific financial and risk profile of investors.]
⛵️⛵️⛵️⛵️⛵️
20 March 2024

🪷 *AWAKENING YOUR OWN BUDDHA-NATURE* 🪷

💡 *ANSWER FOR THE REVISION QUESTION*

⛵️⛵️⛵️⛵️⛵️

*WHEN YOU RESPECT OTHERS, YOU DIGNIFY YOURSELF*

Master Jun Hong Lu: *When we respect others, we are, in fact, dignifying ourselves (庄严自我). The fact that we are worthy of honour, respect for others naturally arises.* Sometimes, the truth of life lies in those mundane and tranquil moments (平淡寂静之中).

When we are going through the humdrums of everyday life (平平淡淡的生活), cultivating our mind, reciting sutras and learning Buddhism, we may feel that life is dull. But in reality, *it is your peaceful state of mind, your dedication and your setting of a good role model for others that shape your tolerance, and this is what makes you truly noble.*

_Source: Master Jun Hong Lu’s Buddhism In Plain Terms (Audio), 19 October 2017_

🪷 Thank you for your participation! 🪷

🙏🏻 If the sharing is improper in any way, we seek the forgiveness from Namo Shakyamuni Buddha, Guan Yin Bodhisattva, Dharma Protectors and Master Lu. 🙏🏻

🔖 Reference:
https://bit.ly/4abBkvW
[I am not here to promote any stocks. Please always do your own research before embarking on any investment decision. I will not be liable for any of your own decisions. Your use of any information or materials is entirely at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information meet your specific requirements. I do not produce material which meets the objectives of any specific financial and risk profile of investors.]
*HOW DO WE ENHANCE OUR POSITIVE AFFINITY* *WITH GUAN YIN BODHISATTVA*

Caller: Master Lu, is it true that the deeper our positive affinity with Guan Yin Bodhisattva, the more blessings we will gain and the easier it is for us to make it in our spiritual cultivation?

Master Jun Hong Lu: That’s for sure. Even your positive affinity with me shares the same logic - the more positive affinity we have between us, the more blessings you will receive. Previously, I mentioned this in one of the discourses to my disciples. Let me share this with you now. As much as you gaze at Guan Yin Bodhisattva, Guan Yin Bodhisattva is also watching over you. When you frequently perform prostrations in front of Guan Yin Bodhisattva, you grow accustomed to gazing at Bodhisattva. At the same time, Guan Yin Bodhisattva is accustomed to seeing you perform prostrations at the Guan Yin Hall. Hence, should you be faced with any calamities at some point in your life, Guan Yin Bodhisattva will recognise you right away and render you a helping hand, For example, if someone showed me a photo of a familiar face and asks me to read the person’s totem, I will help that person right away. 

Master Jun Hong Lu: The same goes with Guan Yin Bodhisattva. By performing daily prostrations, Guan Yin Bodhisattva will be familiar with your face. Hence, it will be possible for you to seek help from Guan Yin Bodhisattva when you are in Heaven.

Caller: That’s right. Generally, the deeper the affection we have now in the human realm, the more blessings we will receive.

Master Jun Hong Lu: Take Shakyamuni Buddha for example. Out of his 500 disciples, all of them were able to ascend to Heaven and become great Bodhisattvas, this also includes Ananda and Mahakasyapa. In fact, the Bodhisattva’s vow of  “all prayers will be answered” is fuelled by Bodhisattva’s affection towards sentient beings. Of course it is not about the superfluous affection of the human realm but a profound and boundless concept of affection. However, when you perform prostrations on a daily basis, Bodhisattva will recognise you. Hence, when you raise your head to look at Bodhisattva, you should have your eyes wide open to gaze at the face of Bodhisattva. When you lower your head in prostration, your eyes should be closed. You will have to aim to allow  Guan Yin Bodhisattva to recognise you. In the future when you make your way to Heaven, Guan Yin Bodhisattva will know everything about you with a mere glance, including where you hail from, and that you are a Guan Yin Citta practitioner.

_Source: Master Jun Hong Lu’s call-in radio program_ _wenda20160110  01:19:28_
When you encounter adverse circumstances caused by others,
you must overcome them
in order to scale new heights.
-Master Jun Hong Lu, Words of Wisdom Volume 4

当别人给你境界时, 你要越过,你才能提高。
-卢军宏台长佛言佛语(四)
*GIVING IS THE KEY TO WEALTH*

Master Jun Hong Lu: After learning about the karma of giving, a man eagerly told the Zen Master, “When I strike it rich in the future, I will definitely cultivate generosity and make a career out of helping others”.

The Zen master answered, “If you are only willing to give after you become rich, I suppose you will neither be rich nor will you give”.

The man probed, “Why do you say so?”

The Zen master told him, “Because giving is the key to wealth”.

This man replied, “I am so poor now. I don’t even have enough to eat. How can I practise giving?”

The Zen master picked up a grain of rice from the man’s bowl and said, “A sincere and compassionate heart starts from offering a grain of rice. Taking one less grain, a few grains less or a dozen or dozens of grains less will have no effect on our health whatsoever. In fact, many a time, things that may seem worthless to us can be the things that others yearn for. When our hearts are sincere in giving, even if it is just giving away a grain of rice or a penny, it’s equally meritorious”.

“Unfortunately, many people are only willing to give after they become rich, not knowing that generosity starts now. Those truly wealthy people have no time to practise giving, nor do they have the heart to do so as they will be more interested to use the money to churn out more for investments”.

In Buddhism, it is said that it is from giving that one receives. A person who wishes to gain needs to understand that he needs to learn to give first.

It is common nowadays that people wait for others to treat them well before they will do the same. If you know that the other party is waiting for you to show them kindness, why can’t you be the one to take the first step? When you give your heart out, be rest assured that your love will be reciprocated. Hence, to be willing to part with one’s possession is the wisdom of a Bodhisattva that is free from all self-interests.

Source: Master Jun Hong Lu’s Public Talk, Taiwan, China, 16 October 2016
Compassion is the foundation for changing our destiny. Spare more thought for others, and less for ourselves. In this way, we can reduce our desires and our heart will be pure and calm, unperturbed by any circumstances. We can then gain control over ourselves and be the master of own destiny.

改变命运的基础是要有慈悲心。多想别人,少想自己,就能减少欲望, 心灵清净; 心不随境转,就能控制自己,主宰自己, 做自己命运的主人。

Master Jun Hong Lu
Words of Wisdom Volume 1
*SPEAK AT A MEASURED PACE*

Master Jun Hong Lu:
The way a person speaks represents his level of cultivation. It is important to speak at a measured pace. What's the point of speaking at length if others cannot understand what you are saying?

*Speak slowly and let your words reach the listeners’ ears so that they can digest your message. This is what proper speaking is about.* Make your communication work by using your words to touch someone's heart. Unfortunately, many people fail to grasp this principle.

_Source: Wenda20150522 10:53, Master Jun Hong Lu’s call-in radio program_