Boustead Singapore

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(02-09-2024, 06:44 PM)LionFlyer Wrote: I am interested in the partial scrip dividend option. How do I calculate how many share equvielent for cash versus new shares? 

I was looking to add new shares but make it a round number, as opposed to having some odd lots with the full dividend value in shares.

Company Announcement -  The Board has determined that fractional entitlements to New Shares under the Scrip Dividend Scheme shall be rounded up to the nearest whole number or otherwise dealt with in such manner as the Board may deem fit in the interests of the Company and which is/are acceptable to the SGX-ST.

4.9 Share entitlement
The Directors shall have full power to make such provisions as they think fit where the number of New Shares calculated in accordance with the above formula becomes attributable in fractions, including provisions whereby fractional entitlements are rounded down to the nearest whole number or otherwise dealt with in such manner as they may deem fit in the interests of the Company and which is/are acceptable to the SGX-ST.

In the end of the day, I am confused whether it is rounded up or down.

-------------------

I have opted for partial scrip dividend via sgx website scrip election. <No of existing share 50,000>

First, login to portfolio (cdp internet), then under the boustead section - click on the scrip election (E-Corporate Action), this will bring you to the corporate actions form submission for your scrip election.

You will be requested to enter the number of existing share to receive dividend in the form of new shares.

When I entered in 49500, the auto-generated indicative number of New Shares (rounded down) given is 2199.
As such, I revised my entered number to 49501, giving an indicative 2200 New Shares.

Just sharing.
Thanks. I did the calculation on Excel using Round up. I will check online, to see if the calculation aligns.

I have held Boustead Singapore for more than 10 years, buying regularly over the years.

@weijian, indeed, sometimes we need to look beyond the numbers. I've moved into the sg mgmt team of an international MNC in the last few years. 

Business enviroment is tough and being able to execute and survive repeated crisis both macro as well as by own's mistakes is a very very difficult thing to do.
You can count on the greed of man for the next recession to happen.
Hi Yoyo,

The formula in the scrip dividend election form already stated that it will be rounded up to the nearest whole number, with a worked example of one holding 1000 shares and ended up with 45 new shares (rounded up from 44.44). So, I don't see any reason why one would think otherwise.

The auto-generated indicative number of New Shares on CDP website will always be rounded down, regardless of which company you used for scrip dividend election. Therefore, do not use that one as an indication that this scrip dividend will be rounded down.