Geo Energy Resources

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@Squirrel: Note your point about investing in lithium miners. Me too, such as Lake Resources, Liontown Resources, etc, all on ASX. What about you ?
(06-10-2021, 10:08 AM)Coco Wrote: @Squirrel: Note your point about investing in lithium miners. Me too, such as Lake Resources, Liontown Resources, etc, all on ASX. What about you ?

I believe we are veering off topic and might get lashed at by weijian. Gonna close this off by saying that yes I am invested in Australia listed lithium juniors.

Please do your own due diligence. Any reliance on my posts is at your own risk.
Will not invest in anything that directly harms human lives or sin (gambling) companies.

Are wine and beer beverage (Diageo, PR, AB InBev) considered sin stocks? Do you see landlords as leechers (Capitaland, REITS) that a perpetuating a vicious property cycle and preying on business owners? Do you see big oil (Chevron, Shell) as harming the environment and therefore the future?

I guess the question is how strict or loose you want to define your investment thesis versus your beliefs. You have a choice.

edit: I am vested in golden energy. this is not the right thread to discuss this
You can count on the greed of man for the next recession to happen.
(06-10-2021, 10:28 AM)LionFlyer Wrote: Will not invest in anything that directly harms human lives or sin (gambling) companies.

Are wine and beer beverage (Diageo, PR, AB InBev) considered sin stocks? Do you see landlords as leechers (Capitaland, REITS) that a perpetuating a vicious property cycle and preying on business owners? Do you see big oil (Chevron, Shell) as harming the environment and therefore the future? 

I guess the question is how strict or loose you want to define your investment thesis versus your beliefs. You have a choice.

edit: I am vested in golden energy. this is not the right thread to discuss this

Yes I agree, it depends on individuals. I am not vested in most of the above you have listed coincidentally (except in property).

There is value in just how coal price is moving, and evidently so from recent moves. Not to brag but I expected these from a while back due to tracking coal price closely due to other reasons. It’s a deliberate choice not to invest in these. Congrats to holders though. And hopefully you will recycle the profits into more environmentally friendly endeavors, and that’s just my personal opinion.

Good to hear from people’s posts and it’s probably good to go back to the merits of this company.

Please do your own due diligence. Any reliance on my posts is at your own risk.
The coal bonzana of 2022 is gone. But Geo Energy Mgt flags that coal demand is still expected to stay strong in the next few years.

Geo Energy Resources Limited Consolidated Financial Statements For the Year Ended 31 December 2023

The coal market has remained strong since 2021. With Indonesia ramping up its production and achieving a record coal output of 775.2 million tonnes during the period1 , global constraints on coal supply gradually alleviated, resulting in normalisation of coal prices with ICI4 averaging US$62.96 per tonne in 2023 (2022: US$86.06 per tonne). At the same time, there was growing demand from China, which recorded a 61.8% surge in its coal imports with an all-time high of 474.4 million tonnes in 2023.

Furthermore, India is expected to increase its coal imports to 186 million tonnes in 2024 and 193 million tonnes in 2025, up from 150 million tonnes in 2023. This growth is mainly fuelled by rising industrial use and higher electricity use in the consumer sector3. Coal for non-power consumption is also expected to increase over the next three years in developing nations, primarily driven by increasing nickel production in Indonesia.

Despite the European Union’s push for decarbonisation, the infrastructure for alternate sources of energy remains a key point of concern. Therefore, several European countries have decided to pushback their coal phaseout targets by several years due to the inadequate replacement plans and concerns over cost-effectiveness, as highlighted at the 2023 United Nations Climate Change Conference (“COP28”)4. With the growing demand in the ASEAN region and the pushback in decarbonisation plans, demand for coal is expected to remain strong in the next few years.

https://links.sgx.com/FileOpen/Geo%20-%2...eID=789998