Electrication of cars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would like to think this is probably the next gold mine?

(Case in point: Redwood Material was founded by JB Straubel, and this was the man who technically made the car battery possible and for Musk's dream to become true)

Cars Are Going Electric. What Happens to the Used Batteries?

Used electric vehicle batteries could be the Achilles' heel of the transportation revolution—or the gold mine that makes it real.

https://www.wired.com/story/cars-going-e...batteries/
it will HAVE to be consider as basic essential amenities/services !! as in reuse/recycling! it's simply not humane to profit from basic essential amenities/services!

or we'll just go roll back to oil oil oil!! Tongue
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
A little while ago, Hertz started to sell their Tesla EV fleet and doing write-offs accordingly.

So there will still be a lot of trial and error (and losses) before the after-sales and downstream portion of the entire vehicle ecosystem gets a firmer footing.

Electric cars are draining the batteries of China’s insurers

The higher the reading, the less profitable insuring an item becomes. A reading above 100 per cent means that the insurer that offers the policy will lose money on it. The expense ratio includes the insurer’s operating costs, such as management expenses and marketing costs.

The combined ratio for household NEVs normally stands between 105 and 110 per cent, and that for ride-hailing NEVs is roughly between 120 and 130 per cent, according to a source who works in car insurance at a midsize property insurance company.

The reading is much higher for new-energy trucks, usually between 140 and 150 per cent but can go up to above 200 per cent, the source said.

One solution is for insurers to simply raise their premiums until they could start turning a profit. But China’s current insurance rules prevent this.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/interna...s-insurers