AIMS AMP Industrial REIT

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Private Placement To Raise Minimum Gross Proceeds of S$43.5 Million and Acquisition of NorthTech

- Private Placement to raise minimum gross proceeds of S$43.5 million
- New Units to be offered at between S$0.1976 and S$0.2041 per New Unit
- Proceeds from the Private Placement to be used to fund the acquisition of a property located at 29 Woodlands Industrial Park E1, Singapore 757716 (“NorthTech” (the “Acquisition”))

Why raise capital at a discount via a private placement instead of issuing rights, where everybody gets to participate at least?

Do you still think the current share price is undervalued for the wrong reasons?
(14-02-2011, 04:50 PM)Blackjack Wrote: Private Placement To Raise Minimum Gross Proceeds of S$43.5 Million and Acquisition of NorthTech

- Proceeds from the Private Placement to be used to fund the acquisition of a property located at 29 Woodlands Industrial Park E1, Singapore 757716 (“NorthTech” (the “Acquisition”))

Why raise capital at a discount via a private placement instead of issuing rights, where everybody gets to participate at least?

Do you still think the current share price is undervalued for the wrong reasons?

They just issued Rights about a few months back at $0.195..

(14-02-2011, 04:54 PM)Zelphon Wrote:
(14-02-2011, 04:50 PM)Blackjack Wrote: Private Placement To Raise Minimum Gross Proceeds of S$43.5 Million and Acquisition of NorthTech

They just issued Rights about a few months back at $0.195..

Rights were issued at $0.155 Smile

I guess a REIT investor shouldn't be surprised by such corporate actions.

(Not Vested)
Disclaimer: Please feel free to correct any error in my post. I am not liable for anything. Do your own research and analysis. I do NOT give buy or sell calls and stock tips. Buy and sell at your risk. I am not a qualified financial adviser so I do not give any advice. The postings reflects my own personal thoughts which may or may not be accurate.
Will have to wait to see if there are any material impact on future dpus. Personally doubt that it will be affected much, but why a private placement and not rights stumps me.

Also, an acquisition that doesn't create much value for its shareholders via a placement means the management believes that the reit is fairly valued?

Regardless, the yield is still good and existing shareholders will get an early payout :p so that's some consolation prize there.

Vested
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/V...70040D8D7/$file/AIMSAMPIREIT_The_Edge_14_Feb_2011.pdf?openelement

A very informative interview with AIMS REIT CEO. He does seem like a very sensible man. AIMS REIT intends to expand into China next year.

(Not Vested)
Disclaimer: Please feel free to correct any error in my post. I am not liable for anything. Do your own research and analysis. I do NOT give buy or sell calls and stock tips. Buy and sell at your risk. I am not a qualified financial adviser so I do not give any advice. The postings reflects my own personal thoughts which may or may not be accurate.
this management seems to be different from MI REIT. but doesnt mean they will not do the same Sh**.

both managers from australia i reckon.
Dividend Investing and More @ InvestmentMoats.com
so soon another fund raising?

what an amazing reit....
Amazingly consistent.....in raising money! Tongue
My Value Investing Blog: http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com/
Looks to be a yield-accredictive purchase...

Anyway, let's see how market reacts tomorrow..

yield-accredictive? how so?

its unit yieding 9+%, newly acquired property yield 7.6%? it would yield more if they bought their own unit instead of the property.