db x-trackers S&P/ASX 200 UCITS ETF (DR)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S&P/ASX 200 Index

The Index covers the performance of the 200 largest and most actively traded Australian companies. 

The Index represents approximately 78% of Australian equity market capitalisation. 

The Index combines S&P/ASX 100 and 100 additional stocks to cover beyond the large and mid cap segments of the Australian market. 

The S&P/ASX 200 TR Index is calculated as a total return index, i.e. dividend payments of the index constituents are included in the calculation of the index.

The main reason for highlighting this now is that from 2016, this ETF has started paying a distribution.

Dividend per unit : AUD 2.0328

Dividend Yield : 4.58%

Also attached is the fact sheet as of April end from Deutsche Bank web-site

From Morningstar :

The aim is for your investment to reflect the performance of the S&P/ASX 200 TR Index (the "Reference Index") which is designed to reflect the performance of shares of the 200 largest companies listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. 

To achieve the aim, the Sub-Fund will attempt to replicate the Reference Index by buying all (or, on an exceptional basis, a substantial number of) the constituents of the Reference Index in the same proportion as the Reference Index as determined by the Investment Manager.

In case any VB is interested in a ETF which provides exposure to Australia, instead of investing in individual Australian companies, do explore this.

This ETF can be bought with SRS funds.

Full Disclosure : I hold this ETF

Attached Files
.pdf   LU0328474803-SGB-FS-EN-2016_04_29.pdf (Size: 222.14 KB / Downloads: 12)
Disclaimer :-

I am not an investment professional.

I encourage you to do your own independent "due diligence" on any idea that I write about, because I could be and probably am wrong.

Nothing written here is an invitation to buy or sell any particular stock.

At most, I am handing out an educated guess as to what the markets may do.

The market will always find a new way to make a fool out of me (and maybe, even you!).

Even the best strategies of the past fail, sometimes spectacularly, when you least expect it.

I am not immune to that, so please understand that any past success of mine will probably be followed by failures
A dividend of 1.7653 AUD per share has been declared yesterday.

Last year the dividend that was paid was 2.0328 AUD per share.

In spite of the dividend cut, the yield still remains above 4%.

Full Disclosure : I hold this ETF

I encourage you to do your own independent "due diligence" on any idea that I write about, because I could be and probably am wrong.

The market will always find a new way to make a fool out of me (and maybe, even you!).

Even the best strategies of the past fail, sometimes spectacularly, when you least expect it.

I am not immune to that, so please understand that any past success of mine will probably be followed by failures
Hi Shrivathsa, thanks for the update.
Do you happen to know whether dividend for this ETF is subjected to withholding tax?
Hi Gzbkel,

http://internetfileserver.phillip.com.sg...EXT029.pdf

To the best of my knowledge, the withholding tax is at fund level, so, there will be no withholding tax at investor level for the dividend.

Regards