Boustead Singapore

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(12-03-2024, 02:21 PM)ksir Wrote: 1) Pay out the "extra" cash, idling for very very long (15+ years is too long even for me, if they were unlisted biz, I'd make noise also), although it's now delivering more yield and hence even more unlikely to pay out?

hi ksir,

What do you mean by "delivering more yield and hence even more unlikely to pay out"?
(12-03-2024, 08:17 PM)weijian Wrote:
(12-03-2024, 02:21 PM)ksir Wrote: 1) Pay out the "extra" cash, idling for very very long (15+ years is too long even for me, if they were unlisted biz, I'd make noise also), although it's now delivering more yield and hence even more unlikely to pay out?

hi ksir,

What do you mean by "delivering more yield and hence even more unlikely to pay out"?

I mean the cash is now delivering more yield (higher interest rate) and hence lesser pressure for them to pay out the extra cash as dividend.
I noticed most of my companies (being darn cash rich), benefiting from this, bottom line looks nicer hahaha.
My views are your Gilbert & Sullivan's:
"The flowers that bloom in the spring, have nothing to do with the case".
(12-03-2024, 10:56 AM)Mushy Wrote: Since Mr Wong is currently buying shares in the open and such actions seem to be driving up the share price, can I say it is unlikely he/his family is planing to take major corporate action soon?
During the AGM and EGM last year, the board repeatedly explained that the Boustead project acquisition had to be done with surprise element so as to get a good price for Boustead shareholder. That advice should be relevant if Mr Wong has intention to privatise Boustead?

Just thinking aloud... FF Wong is already quite advanced in age.. So the possibility of privatizing Boustead is there?

Boustead Project with the Freehold Como Hotel will be a super cash cow soon..
[I am not here to promote any stocks. Please always do your own research before embarking on any investment decision. I will not be liable for any of your own decisions. Your use of any information or materials is entirely at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information meet your specific requirements. I do not produce material which meets the objectives of any specific financial and risk profile of investors.]
The article sheds insights on Mr Wong's thoughts on BP delisting and an interesting remark regarding BS delisting.

-----------------

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/compani...d-projects (paywall)
(13-04-2024, 04:21 PM)dreamybear Wrote: The article sheds insights on Mr Wong's thoughts on BP delisting and an interesting remark regarding BS delisting.

-----------------

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/compani...d-projects (paywall)

With Boustead Projects (~99%) returning to the Boustead family, many investors are hopeful that dividends could increase to 5 cents, or even reach 6 to 7 cents, once operations at the COMO hotel stabilize. The COMO Group is set to open its first hotel in Singapore in the second half of 2023, according to The Straits Times...

RNAV of Boustead should be in $2.5 to $3 range...
- BP RNAV $2.0 (Boustead's share is $1.3)
- Geo-spatial (easily $0.60 to $0.80)
- Engineering ($0.40)
- Health Care ($0.10)
- Net Cash ($0.35 to $0.40)

Como Group builds first hotel in Singapore, to open by second half of 2023 | The Straits Times
[I am not here to promote any stocks. Please always do your own research before embarking on any investment decision. I will not be liable for any of your own decisions. Your use of any information or materials is entirely at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information meet your specific requirements. I do not produce material which meets the objectives of any specific financial and risk profile of investors.]