What 153 SGX Companies Have Paid Dividends For The Past 5 Years?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sin ghee huat leh??

via Xperia Z1 with Android 4.4.4 running tapatalk.
Virtual currencies are worth virtually nothing.
http://thebluefund.blogspot.com
Thanks for the list.
Despite the errors, it's a good effort.

From here, I probably would also further screen based on payout ratio, debt levels, dividends paid as a percentage of CFO etc. Any one have other ways of screening out companies that are unlikely to sustain their dividend payments?
(27-07-2014, 10:57 AM)kazukirai Wrote: Thanks for the list.
Despite the errors, it's a good effort.

From here, I probably would also further screen based on payout ratio, debt levels, dividends paid as a percentage of CFO etc. Any one have other ways of screening out companies that are unlikely to sustain their dividend payments?

I think it is quite hard except to dig them out one by one.

Items like 1-off items.

FCF

Also what is the cycle for development capex. A company can have low operating capex but once every few years need high development capex. Eg. Like property managers, every 5-6 years they have rather big renovation to do...

I can't remember which company has a spike of capex every 5 years... Sigh... Memory failing ...
life goes in cycles, predictable yet uncontrollable; just like the markets, but markets give you a second chance
(27-07-2014, 01:06 AM)theasiareport Wrote: Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I don't actually have access to the Bloomberg terminal.

The key difference between this and a normal screen is that there's a double verification to see what the past 5 year dividend track record was on Shareinvestor.

So its essentially a more cleaned up version of a normal screen as it takes into account the track record in dividends, discounting companies which have one off payments.

As many of you have pointed out, some of the data is imprecise or better metrics can be used. I definitely agree 100% and that's why this list should only be a first step. I will try to clean it up again.

The data should be from Thomas Reuters, and unfortunately there are some discrepancies. I would have preferred to use Shareinvestor's data, but it requires me to enter the stocks one by one... I've emailed them to see if I can do a bulk add.

Yes and its quite strange that M1 didn't come up!

theasiareport.com

(26-07-2014, 09:09 PM)CityFarmer Wrote: I noticed that Elite KSB is in the list, but the company was delisted few months ago. It might due to out-dated data used.

I also noticed that M1 isn't in the list. M1 should be qualified since the company has paid dividends continuously for the past 5 years. Big Grin

The reason M1 would not have come up is because it was earlier called Mobile One
Disclaimer :-

I am not an investment professional.

I encourage you to do your own independent "due diligence" on any idea that I write about, because I could be and probably am wrong.

Nothing written here is an invitation to buy or sell any particular stock.

At most, I am handing out an educated guess as to what the markets may do.

The market will always find a new way to make a fool out of me (and maybe, even you!).

Even the best strategies of the past fail, sometimes spectacularly, when you least expect it.

I am not immune to that, so please understand that any past success of mine will probably be followed by failures
Thanks for the list!

How about SGX? I couldn't find it in the list. If I remember correctly, SGX should pay dividends for the past 5 years.
Again, thanks for highlighting the errors everyone.

This project is particularly time consuming, so I will come back to in and clean it up once I have the time.

Regards,
theasiareport.com
http://theasiareport.com - Reflections From Finding Value In Asia
I think it safe to conclude that the list is not complete. A glaring omission: ARA Asset Management.

A bit more obscure: Sing Investment and IFS Capital.

I think if all of us contribute companies we know that has paid dividends for the last 5 yrs, theasiareport will find it helpful.